Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

New to Crochettalk!

Good Morning! I am new to crocheting. About a year ago I made my first scarf and ever since I can't put my hook down after I get home from work. I am currently crocheting a baby blanket that has a wavy look. It is to be the sea and sky with sea critters and a sailboat and sun. I'm working on the wavy pattern and getting stuck. I think my problem is the DC DEC. It says "[dc dec in next 3 chs] twice". Well I look the dc dec on youtube and to me it looks like a dc dec takes up two chains or stitches. Can someone tell me how to do a dc dec in 3 chains or stitches?
    Thank you for your help!!
    Susie

2. Likes Susan2014, AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. There are lots of how-to videos on Youtube.com. Here is a link for the double crochet decrease.

---HarriEtta

4. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adding a Link I got by going to Search Box

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...h=536&dpr=1.13

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the you tube! This is what I have been using as a dc dec. but you will see in my first post that each of the two dc dec are to use 3 chains or stitches. I don't know how to do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please attach a picture of your pattern. If I am understanding correctly, this is what you should do.

yarn over hook, insert hook in next chain, yarn over hook and pull through 2 loops (2 loops on your hook)
    yarn over hook, insert hook in next chain, yarn over hook and pull through 2 loops (3 loops on your hook)
    yarn over hook, insert hook in next chain, yarn over hook and pull through 2 loops (4 loops on your hook)
    yarn over hook and pull loop through all 4 loops. (You have now completed a double crochet decrease over 3 chains or stitches.)
    Last edited by crochetdiva; 05-14-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    crochetdiva, I sure wish "you" were trying to show me how to upload the 3 different afghans that I made for my grandnieces. Downloading was easy but, uploading them to "crochet talk" for me is like "finding a needle in a hay stack"! I was given a link but, if you don't know exactly what the link does (how it works or uploads), for me, it ends up in a "hot mess"! I can't tell you how many times that I've tried the advice that a few ladies have given to me to display my 3 afghans & still, I can't upload my afghan pictures & post them on "Crochet Talk". I've tried so many times that I want to cry Do you think you can help me crochetdiva

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to CrochetTalk! Nice to have you here! This is a wonderful group of crochet lovers, so I am sure you will make some new friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the compliment, but I only worked as a tech assist. I know a lot of good information, but I am still in a learning mode.
    Highlight this message and paste it in Word or whatever writing program you have and print it out for reference. A whole lot of steps!!!!
    You probably have not saved your downloaded pictures to your computer.
    Right click on a picture. Click "save as", and click on your computer's "Pictures" folder. Rename it so you can find it later. Click save. Then try to upload the picture from your "Pictures" folder to Crochet talk.
    Click on the insert image icon in your Crochet Talk message which is the 3rd icon far left from the spell check icon. Hover your pointer over the icon to make sure it says "insert image". Then right click.
    If you get a message that says leave this page or stay on this page, click stay on this page.
    You will get a dialog box to help you on your way.
    In the dialog box, click on the "from computer" tab.
    Click on Basic Uploader at the bottom right corner.
    Then click on browse and find your picture. Click on your picture. Then click open.
    Last edited by crochetdiva; 05-14-2015 at 04:39 PM.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    crochetdiva, I will do my best to follow the steps that you sent me. They are the most easy & "understandable steps" that I have seen yet! I'm grateful for simplistic directions Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן