Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for adding me

Hi my name is Gale Bolles

I am 56 and a disabled widow. I have been crocheting for about 40+ years. I crochet for a little extra money and to keep my sanity. I am a care giver for my parents that are both in poor health. I love crocheting for friends and relatives.
    Sorry it has taken me so long to introduce myself. I just recently had an ankle replacement surgery and have now been able to walk without severe pain. Talking to a surgeon next week about hip problems. Thank you for adding me to your group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Numbers 6:24 May the good Lord bless you and keep you. May your pain subside quickly!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Hope you are healing well and enjoying your time here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. My husband was to have a hip replacement but we had to put everything on hold because he devolped a bad kidney stone infection. I am glad you had such good luck with your ankle and when you have your hip replacement

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gale,
    I'm just a few years younger than you. I'm 53. I turned 53 in April of this year. I've been crocheting for quite a few years too but I didn't start crocheting until I was in my teens or 20's. I'm glad you're able to walk without severe pain! My husband and I shoveled the garden and my foot was sore that night but was better by the next morning. Do you still have pain when you walk? Continue to let us know how you are doing and if you need prayer. Ask any questions you might have.

Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gale, Since some of you are telling our ages, I might as well tell you that I'm a twin & we're 60 years old! I guess I'm the oldest one here. Yikes! I am vertually somewhat a semi-beginner crocheter. I make up my own afghan patterns (simple but, functional) for all of my 3 nieces' babies I would really like to do one soon that is a little more advanced but, I don't understand most of techniques/stitches. I'm one of those persons that have to be "shown" to "learn"! I still don't even understand how to "post" pictures of the afghans that I have already made! Yikes!!! Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    Scooters, Hi,
    Can you put the pictures on your camera on the computer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, My pictures are already downloaded in the computer. I just don't know how to find the pictures that I need and transfer them over to this website. I've been hoping for a long time that my twin sister would help me but, she usually has bad migraines like I do. I don't let my migraines govern my life though My sister is coming over this morning to "blow dry" my hair. I can't raise my left arm at all beause I have a bad "rotator cuff". My surgery is on the 29th of May. I have been in Physical Therapy for over 4 months all ready, while I was waiting for an insurance "ok"! I am thankful that it is my left arm and not my right arm. I already had this surgery on my right arm...Yikes By the way, I just want to know that you are such a "Sweetie"! Always caring & giving

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies. I wish you good health!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Scooters,
    Thank you!
    I'm sorry to hear that you had surgery on your right arm and are going to have surgery on your left arm. Do you have migraines often? Does nausea come with it? Did the doctors say what is causing it?

When you want to post pictures; First go to the crochet talk and click on 'reply' as if you're going to post a reply. Then click on 'Go Advanced'. Once you click on 'Go Advanced' you can click on the paper clip at the top and a box will come up and you need to click 'add files' and then click 'browse' and your pictures will come up.

Jean Marie