Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Yarn Needed

Post Thanks / Like

Yarn Needed

I am in desperate need of 6 skeins of "Red Heart Artesano Yarn, "Equestrian". I am half finished with an afghan and have no more yarn. I have ordered it online three times, only to be later told that they were out of stock, (apparently it has been discontinued). If anyone happens to know where I may find some of this yarn, I would be very grateful if you would let me know. My only other alternative is to rip the afghan apart and start anew. Below is a photo of the afghan... hoping to hear from someone....Thanks for listening.

Yarn Needed-img_0346-3-3-12-equestrian-jpg
    gp

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

This is really pretty! Thanks for sharing - hopefully we can find out where you can get this color yarn!

Post Thanks / Like
    Foxysadie, Have you tried contacting Red Heart directly? They may know where you can find some! I usually order yarn from Knittingwarehouse.com Have you tried there? I'm sure other people will have ideas too. And hopefully we can find it for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your input Maryjane and Barbara. I have tried Red Heart, the 6 I originally ordered are from there, that was all they had, but I thought they would be getting more in, wrong. I have also tried Royal Yarns, did order from Sears (three weeks later when the yarn was due they informed me they were out). I have also tried JoAnn's, Cutrate Crafts, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and even Ebay. It no longer shows up on the Red Heart site either, so I'm guessing it has probably been discontinued. I was hoping, that someone, might have extra on hand at home or knew of someone that still had it in stock.

I only began crocheting again the first of this year, and forgot a really important lesson. That is to make sure you have enough yarn of the same dye-lot before you start a project. Live and learn....

Thanks again....
    gp

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi: I checked Michael's locally and a Craft Warehouse and did not find any Equestrian. Do you have enough yarn to finish off what you have already done? You could use it for someone at the nursing home for a lap robe or shoulder shawl. I have done that and people love them just to cover their legs and feet in a wheelchair. Just an idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great idea! It is exactly 1/2 done with 6 skeins and would make a great lap robe, thanks for the idea.
    gp

7. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just hate being frustrated when I can't finish something. I ended up making a couple doll blankets recently when I could not get another skein of the same yarn. I just knew I had seen it somewhere, but obviously not!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    FoxieSadie,

I'm a distributor for Red Heart yarns. I'll check with the actual warehouse when I contact them next week. Do you have a dye lot that you are trying to match? If there's any in the warehouse, I can still order it even though its been discontinued.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

10. Likes Carynjoyb, Lili, GrammaJoe, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is beautiful. I hope you can find the yarn you need. If not, perhaps you could use it as throw. CrochetDee

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked with the warehouse for you and there isn't any more Artesano available at all. Its a beautiful afghan!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices