Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: Rag rugs

Post Thanks / Like

Rag rugs

I love these projects, they're so fun and simple and work up really fast. Plus, since I make them from old sheets and linens, they're free or super cheap. I can usually get good sheets at Goodwill for $.99!

This is one of my favorites so far. The green was a green and white plaid sheet, and the white stripes were made from one with a pink, yellow, and green floral design.

Rag rugs-102_1105-jpgRag rugs-102_1101-jpgRag rugs-102_1103-jpg

I've got more in the works. I've given some as gifts and kept two for the house, but the rest I may try to sell for the holidays
    Last edited by writer_crafter; 10-22-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are so adorable! How do you make them? Are they crocheted somehow?? I would love to be able to make things like this for my house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!

They're crocheted from strips of cloth. I tear up sheets and bed linens and such. When I can get someone to help me with photographs, I'll post a tutorial.

4. Likes LindaMurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    writer_crafter,

That would be great to post a tutorial to show us how you did them. I am curious. Did you have to use a large hook?

I really like how these look. I have seen some in the past, but definitely not any lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara G.,

Usually, I use a plastic P hook, but it really depends on your comfort and how thin/thick you cut the strips.

7. Likes LindaMurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info! I am really interested in the project. This is probably something my daughter would enjoy making as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    I took pictures today and I'm going to try to post a tutorial sometime this evening, so keep an eye out for it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! This looks like a great potential project. I'd like to do something to the old sheets I have which can no longer be used because of some tears on the fabric, but which I still couldn't part with since some parts are still usable and still of good quality. I'd definitely keep tuned in to this writer_crafter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I just donated a large number of sheets to our local charities. Next time, I will have to think about using the cloth for other purposes such as this when I have some time to devote to a new project! I did not even think about it! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my goodness, I was away for a time, and must have missed these lovely rag rugs, Can you give me some info on how you get the material ready and do you crochet them. I would love to do that. I can remember my Grandmother making these. I have hooked rugs, but they were from a kit. Just gorgeous. Misty

13. Likes brentajane liked this post