Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Hello,
    My name is Rose,

I just started to crochet it's been 1 week now! Boy to I have a lot to learn....

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Rose. Glad you decided to join us. Yes, you do have a lot to learn about crochet and it is always joyful to learn something new. I have been crocheting for more than 55 years and am still learning new things almost every week. This is a great place to learn because there are a lot of experienced people who are more than glad to answer your questions. There are also quite a few who are just learning. You will be welcomed by all.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I've been looking at some of the posting and pictures. I can't wait to start my very first project.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you like to crochet? I make doilies (with thread) and afghans (with yarn). Several here make baby items and others make items to wear. There are so many free patterns on the internet to try. A fun thing to make is potholders with the cotton yarn. You can hardly go wrong with them and practice so many different stitches. What ever you do, I hope you have fun!
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

5. Thanks Rosala thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Rose. Welcome to the forum. You're not the only one who has a lot to learn. I'm a seasoned Crocheter and there is always something new to learn, whether it be a new stitch or an easier way of doing things. You've come to the right place for help, if you need it!
    ---HarriEtta

7. Thanks Rosala thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rose, have you something that you are interested in? Or a stitch you want to try? One of us can give you some idea about any thing . Where do you live, there may be one of us near you that can also help you. I taught crocheting for about 6 months and I think it helped one lady to tell her how it do a stitch. Even tho I am left handed I could tell her what she was doing, I couldn't show her. She ended up making a beautiful baby blanket for her new grand daughter. Good luck, hope you enjoy learning . Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    So far the only thing I made were some potholders, it's a start. I watched some videos on Youtube and I was hooked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Margaret,
    Thanks for the welcome post. I live in Sun City AZ and have access to so many talented ladies. What I would like to learn is crocheting with wire and beads, all in due time. Happy Crocheting until next time. Rose

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to CrochetTalk! Nice to have you here on site with us! You are welcome to join in on the fun!

12. Thanks Rosala thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I make crochet button necklaces and bracelets and I've done some crochet with beads. Once you get the hang of it, you'll see just how easy it is to do.
    ---HarriEtta