Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I'm Rita!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 49 year old mother of 3, divorcee, after 22 years.
    I fell in love with knitting and crocheting since I was 10. I've made my kids sweaters and many accessories over the years.
    4 years ago I was diagnosed with an arterial venous malformation on the right side of my brain, which rendered me disabled, so I no longer can work. Since then, I've been crocheting like a fiend! I can't get enough, so I'm glad I found this site, so I could pick up new patterns and just go CROCHET CRAZY! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Rita! Sorry to hear about your disability! but there are advantages to not working. I'm retired so I plan on finishing many UFO's that I've collected in the past few years. Hope that you find many friends here on this site! All the women who have written are very nice. Can't relate to being divorced since I've been married for 43 years with 10 grandchildren. But with our love of crocheting we'll have plenty to share with each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Rita! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily amker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Rita and welcome from Pa. So glad you found our forum and joined and hope you enjoy it

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rita, I'm so glad that you joined "Crochet Talk"! All of the people her are so special If you ever need an anwer to a question or need prayers, this is the website for you. I'm not very good at crocheting. I make simple afghans for my 3 nieces & am in the process of trying to decide what type of design I will make for one of my niece's that is pregnant again. You will find that if you need "anything" there will be someone her in a jiffy to help you!!! Scooters/Suzanne

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk forums! Nice to have you here!

Make yourself at home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Rita, Sorry to hear about your disability. If you can crochet there is so much you can do. The hospitals are always wanting baby hats and blankets. The nursing homes are always taking afghans and lap blankets for people in wheel chairs When I moved into this town the fire department was asking for blankets and toys for children that had been burned out and had nothing. Where do you live? There are so many of us someone may be near you.
    Huggs , Margaret

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Rita! Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio. My first name is Rita, but I go by my middle name, Jo. I am sorry to hear about your disability, but not working can be good too. My husband and I retired early. I have been crocheting since I was a child and I am now 67 years old. I was also divorced after 23 years, but now, my second husband and I have been married almost 23 years (in May). We have 12 grandchildren between us! We're so glad you have joined us on the forum. Have fun getting to know all of the wonderful, helpful people here!!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. May the good Lord bless you!
    ---HarriEtta