Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Greetings

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings

Greetings,

My name is Melanie. I joined this forum so I could learn more about crocheting.
    I have only been crocheting for about five months, so I'm sure there is a lot for me to learn.

A little bit about me.
    I am almost 25 years old. I love crafts. Especially sewing, quilting, and beadwork.
    I am quickly learning to enjoy crocheting as well. I have yet to try knitting, though maybe some day.
    I also enjoy reading and studying. I enjoy studying languages as well as anything Bible related.
    Most importantly, I am a Christian. If anyone knows of Christian theme crocheting projects, I would love to hear about them.

Thank you and have a blessed day!

Melanie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Melanie.! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Melanie,
    If you have any questions just ask. We like to try and help others. I will be 53 tomorrow. I was born at 12 noon so in the past on my birthday I would say I wasn't a year older until it was noon. crocheting is relaxing. There are crosses that you can crochet. Welcome and take care. We talk about anything and everything here. If it's not related to crocheting it goes in the general posts. Just click on crochet talk at the top of the page to look at anything or to post something. You can also click on 'today's posts' or new posts' at the top of the page. If it says 'today's posts' and you want to get to 'new posts' click on 'calendar or something else and it will change to 'new posts'. Happy crocheting. and tell us what you're working on and post pictures of what you make.
    Jean Marie♥

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Melanie, Glad to here you are enjoying all your crafts. I to like to do many different ones. I quilt , knit , crochet, etc. and have to try to make something right away when I see a new craft.... My two new crafts I am trying to accomplish are tatting ( with a shuttle, not needle) it is coming along o.k. but I do not have enough free time to stay at it for long, so this is not helping me... maybe this fall will be better, second is book folding making words like LOVE, JOY , etc. by folding pages... quite interesting, you can also make different shapes.... and I forgot I have a third one which is called KNOOKING which looks like knitting but you use a crochet type of hook. I have not tried it yet as I bought my friend a kit also for her birthday in May and we will learn together...

I am glad you are learning to crochet before you learn to knit, as I think that the other way around it harder to learn, as you get use to having two needles and get lost on what to do... if that makes sense to you.... any one I have tried to teach to crochet who knit already is really hard to teach , but if they have not knit before they pick up crocheting quite easily...
    Hope to see some of your finished projects on here.... I do not know if you are familiar about the site Ravelry , but it is a free site with tons of patterns some free some for sale. Easy to sign up to and well worth it...Here is a link for you and what I have chosen for you has lots of free crochet patterns of different Crosses you can make.....enjoy ...

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sear...free&sort=best

Happy Crocheting,,,, Davena

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to meet you and have you on site with us! Please make yourself at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi There meanie so glad to have you in our Group. Dont be shy if needing a question answered or help with a pattern just ask. Like to hear about yor Crochet work, and other crafts. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. It is nice to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome Melanie. I knit and crochet both but find crocheting easier and faster. However, I like the look of knitting better for most things especially clothing. I read veraciously also. Love a good mystery. In order to do my crafts and read also, I get audio books from the local library so that I can get my reading fix. Multi tasking at its finest!
    SuZ
    The biggest lie I tell myself, "I don't have to write that down, I'll remember it!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group. It is a pleasure to meet another sister in Christ. There are so many wonderful people on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I'm sure I will enjoy being a part of this forum.
    I am currently working on 3 crocheting projects - a granny square blanket, a baby dress, and a tunic style shirt. I plan to post pictures of each item after I complete it. I have already completed crocheting a baby hat. I'll post a picture soon.

I like the idea of crocheted crosses. I found some patterns on Pinterest.com that I plan on trying.

I also enjoy photography, so I will definitely be posting pictures of the things I crochet.

I've heard about ravelry.com, but I haven't been to the website yet. I'll be sure to check it out.
    "Looking unto Jesus..." Hebrews 12:2