Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: pot holders

Post Thanks / Like

pot holders

23 years ago my grandmother made me a pot holder set that I cherished. There was a wooden spoon and a wooden fork crossed. She had a antique dress set that went over the fork and spoon to look almost like a doll. This was done in thread crochet. It came with a dress, a corset, and pantaloons. Separate from that was two round hot plates for the table. I would love to find a similar pattern. Anyone seen anything like this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have been looking for the pot holder design and have not found any yet. I was wondering on the doll dress crochet why you couldn't use a pattern for a Barbie doll to place on the spoon. You would have to make the neck part more tight - so that it would not fall off the spoon. Just a thought!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would have to be quite a bit larger.This would be a full size wooden spoon and fork used for cooking or serving shaped like a cross.The fork acts as arms, and the spoon acts as a head. A small doily type hot pad was attached to the spoon to look like a hat. The pantaloons were attached in the middle where the fork and spoon cross, and the dress parts went over the head, and thru the "arms" of the fork.

Post Thanks / Like
    Salad Set Pot Holder | Free Crochet Patterns Here is kind of what I am looking for. The dress pattern is similar but there were many more pieces.

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pixie,

Thanks for sharing the link - I had something else totally in mind that I think I saw my grandmother have which is a standing cooking spoon wooden which hung on the wall as decoration.

I will keep my eye out for other patterns like the one you posted. Thanks for giving us additional info!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have that pattern that was my Mom's I'll try to find it for you .Barb K.G