Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: fairylady

Post Thanks / Like

fairylady

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm a proud mother of one and a wife. I registered months ago, but life happened to get rough for a while so I'm just signing in. I crocheted and knitted a little when I was a child. I had a stroke recently and have been using crocheting to keep me sane and improve my motor skills. It was a freak thing that happened during a surgery, so I'm starting over again on many levels and crochet is saving me. I came across your group and here I am. I have taught myself to crochet all over again with the help of the internet and YouTube. I thought you all could help me on my quest. Please bear with me and help me rejoice in my triumphs when they happen.

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the forum. There are lots of wonderful people here who are more than willing to share their knowledge and experience with you. I have been crocheting for more than 55 years and mostly doilies with thread and an occasional afghan or potholder. Congratulations on your willingness to retrain yourself to crochet, among other things. I agree that life does get in the way sometimes. I am 71 years old and had a herniated disc last October. It was an ordeal I hope to never go through again! If you feel like discussing your problems the Chit Chat forum is very helpful and supportive. We are glad you finally got to join us.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

4. Thanks fairylady thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Beverly for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. I just started doing thread crochet with the steel hooks. I usually made prayer cloths/shaws, dishcloths,baby blankets, scarfs and afghans, so the thread crochet is a new adventure. I've made two doilies that I designed myself. I'll post pictures later. Thanks again for welcoming me. I hope to become part of the family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Welcome to the forum! I am so glad that crocheting is helping you after the stroke. I look forward to seeing your creations.
    Huggers
    Debby

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome Fairlady! If you have any questions, someone will try to help you .
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet does help us all in way or another. You are a survivor and an eager survivor anxious to help yourself heal. It's good to know the Jesus, isn't it! Welcome from Houston, Texas. You are among a group of wonderful crocheters!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group. It is a pleasure to meet you. I agree with you about how crocheting helps. I am disabled with diabetes, parkinsons, heart problems, arthritis and fibro. I am in pain 24/7 but by crocheting and doing other crafts it helps keep my mind off the pain and helps me to feel like I can still do something. Helps to keep me from getting depressed. I taught myself about 3 years ago. My mom used to crochet and knit but I never got the hang of it. I finally taught myself by watching one of those self learning cd's and beginner book. I still cannot knit though.

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet diva

Quote Originally Posted by crochetdiva View Post
    Crochet does help us all in way or another. You are a survivor and an eager survivor anxious to help yourself heal. It's good to know the Jesus, isn't it! Welcome from Houston, Texas. You are among a group of wonderful crocheters!
    Thank you for the welcome crochetdiva. You are in Houston, a place I've always wanted to visit. I have dear friends in Dallas. I am trying so hard to overcome this bad hand I've been dealt and it isn't easy. I have come far but I have far to go. I've had to do the work. I do thank Jesus along with all the others who have helped me through this. Crochet has helped me keep my sanity at times when all was going wrong these past few years. Thank you for making me feel welcome. I look forward to the help and new friendships I'll make as I continue to grow and improve.Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DebbyR,
    Thank you for the welcoming words. I see you live in beautiful Maine. I have cousins there and I've been there once. Would love to revisit because it was so beautiful. I look forward to sharing and asking lots of questions if I need help. Thanks again for the warm welcome.