Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

New doily I made a mistake

Hello friends
    I am still having flu. I could finish doily BTW
    You see it has a mistake inAttachment 398 last row.. I just noted it after I starched
    I can remake this part or I can put crochet flowers on this place pretending to decorate it
    What s your opinion?
    Have a good day
    yours
    Larisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Larissa,

I am impressed. Your doily is lovely. I don't see the mistake. Maybe its the tablecloth beneath it distracting me but it doesn't appear obvious. Unless the others can see it plainly, I'd say leave it be, it looks fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Theresa. You are very kind Thank you for your opinion. Mistake is at the bottom of picture - bigger space. Some stitches are missed. I am still thinking of flowers...

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a beautiful piece of work! I believe you will always be uncomfortable with it unless you redo the row & don't think flowers will work with this lovely pattern. Please post your final decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Romi! Thank you for kind words What about some yellow butterflies?

Post Thanks / Like
    You do such beautiful work! I did see the mistake until you pointed it out! I think I would leave it! Unless you are a perfectionist like my husband- he would redo the whole thing over! Glad he isn't a member here! I think it's beautiful just the way it is!

Post Thanks / Like
    You could make a small butterfly, lay it on the doily & see, may be just the whimsical touch needed to add a playful touch to the doily.

8. Likes Carolyn Crye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!
    LOL... really this is simple doily I made fast for exchange! I am still thinking of butterflies because of lady collects butterflies. It would be good goft

Post Thanks / Like
    Please post another picture when you make your final decision! I have this pattern but have not made. Now that I see your work, maybe I will make it up with light weight yarn for a small table centerpiece. Thank you for showing it to us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa,

I too would leave the doily as is. Your small mistake can't hardly be seen. I couldn't see it until you told where it was. It is very nice and you did a good job on it. If anyone comments on it, just tell them that is your signature stitch......as a painter signs his work, you too have signed your work.....lol.

You could put a flower on there if it bothers you too much, or put that area to the back where you don't see it as much. Others probably won't notice as much as you do.

Good work.
    Judi G