Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi new to forum

Post Thanks / Like

Hi new to forum

I have crocheted and knitted for years but have come across a pattern that I was having problems with. When I did a search I came across this forum and thought I would join and met a few new crafters.

I am from Texas and we have about an inch of snow today and no work so this is a good day for crafting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi tjbivins, I joined a few weeks ago and so I welcome you to CrochetTalk. I have not got as much experience like you, so I came here to find help and talk to others about crocheting and knitting. I'm just learning to knit, and to use thread for doilies. I'm from Canada and we have snow with cold, cold, weather. I'm retired so I do not have to worry about work. Ladyella

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    Hi tjbivins, I joined a few weeks ago and so I welcome you to CrochetTalk. I have not got as much experience like you, so I came here to find help and talk to others about crocheting and knitting. I'm just learning to knit, and to use thread for doilies. I'm from Canada and we have snow with cold, cold, weather. I'm retired so I do not have to worry about work. Ladyella
    It was nice to hear from you. I am semi retired do a little sub teaching and help my hubby with a small business but find time to do hand work as much as possible. I use to make thread doilies but now I usually use yarn although I have a stash of thread.

Have a great day

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I didn't see a name on your post. I'm barb I am a newbie also. I live in Michigan and we also got alittle bit of snow. Yours will probably melt soon. Michigan has been freezing this winter with way below zero wind chills and temps.

Hope you find your pattern. I can't read patterns hardly at all but I crochet baby afghans with the shell stitch. I've been inside my house for the past 5 wks due to cold temps and snow and ice. I am in a wheelchair I was born with cerebral palsey. So I'd freeze trying to get in my van in these temps I am kinda slow lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been working on a pattern "Tennis Baby Booties" the person who wrote it was new at writing patterns and as yet I have not been able to read between the lines. She has left off a lot as far as I know.
    My name is tj. I have a niece that lives in Michigan also she says it has been a hard winter for them.

Happy Hooking
    tj

Post Thanks / Like
    TJ, if you post the part of the pattern you're having trouble with on the Main forum or under Pattern requests, someone will surely be able to help you with it. There are a lot of experienced ladies here who seem to be able to help in a lot of areas. I crochet with thread most of the time, although I have a lot of yarn to work up. It was left to me by my mother. My daughter has recently been using some of it also. Our weather here in Alabama hasn't been like the rest of the country, but it's been bad enough for the South. Looking forward to Spring. By the way, welcome to the forum, TJ.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbivins View Post
    I have crocheted and knitted for years but have come across a pattern that I was having problems with. When I did a search I came across this forum and thought I would join and met a few new crafters.

I am from Texas and we have about an inch of snow today and no work so this is a good day for crafting.
    Hi TJ and welcome to the group! I live in the Tennessee Valley of North Alabama and we had over 8 inches of snow two nights ago. Wow! That's a lot for us. The roads are mostly clear this morning and I have to go to work. Because I've lived up north, I knew to dig out a path, clear off my car and lift the wipers so they didn't freeze to the windshield because the temps are in the low 20s now. Most people here don't know to do that as soon as they can. So I won't have any issues getting my car out of the driveway. I'll bet a lot of others won't be able to get to work because their cars are covered with several inches of thick ice this morning.

I'm so glad you're here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Post a link to the pattern you're having issues with, and someone will come to your rescue. There are a lot of really nice people here, with all levels of experience.

Have a fun day crocheting your brains out! LOL I'm so jealous!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    A big welcome from Houston, Texas. You will find tips, help with crochet matters, prayers... from a wonderful group of crocheters.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly thanks for the warm welcome. We have about 2 inches and the town has almost shut down all the schools and banks are closed. Go figure.

I am working on one of the patterns I am having trouble with and think I have almost got it figured out.

tj