Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

New name.. long time member

Hello, I have been associated with this forum for years and used «jdgmar» as my handle. . For some reason my password stopped working and after many attempts to get it to work without success I joined under my name...pro let solved LOL.

As to myself, I was bed ridden as a child and was taught to crochet as a way to occupy myself. I am comfortable using thread or yarn. . Last year it seemed that everyone I knew was either having a baby or grandchild which resulted in making over 45 baby outfits, jumpers, christening gowns, coats, receiving blankets, etc. (pictures below) My better half found an Afghan patterned after the stained glass Rose Window at the Note Dame Cathedral and believe it or not we are using it as our table cloth on our round dining room table... Not to eat on.. Just for show. I am waiting for orders of yarn to arrive for a mystery Afghan which is hosted by Yarnspirations in Canada. I Crochet several hours most days now that I am retired and we relocated to Bullhead City, AZ a few years ago. . I also have just signed up for several crochet classes at crafts.com.

Lately, many of the patterns shown here are presented in chart for and one of the classes I signed up for teaches you to be more adapt at working with crochet charts.

I have always enjoyed interacting with members of this group because you folks are simply GREAT AND EVEN SO HELPFUL. . Two years go I was looking for a three foot Christmas Tree pattern made out of crochet thread and I could not find it. I posted a request for help in locating the pattern and was amazed at the number of replys received and yes I made it and dipped the thread in 50 percent white glue and water to make it stand up without needing the cone for usually used. The gluing of over 300 small beads for ornaments set off the tree ever so well and the person who I gifted it to was delighted. . This year I gave her a peppermint candy Afghan with two marching pillows.

I suppose that I have told you more then you wanted to know... I never feel comfortable with introductions. . Please overlook typos as I am typing this on a small tablet and my fingers seem to not cooperate. . So glad to be back in the fold.. as my grandchild would say.... y'all are the bomb!

John
    Attached Images Attached Images New name.. long time member-222882877896303-jpg New name.. long time member-222888084562449-jpg 
    Last edited by JohnGrey; 01-31-2015 at 08:09 PM.

2. Likes Nanatwo, AudreyL, redhead, justplainjudy, MaryK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello John. So glad you are able to be with us again and welcome back. You certainly have been a very busy person with all the crocheting you have done. I'll bet everyone was thrilled with the gifts they received. Your afghan patterned after the stained glass Rose Window at the Notre Dame Cathedral sounds lovely. Maybe one day you will share a picture of it with us. I would love to see it. Enjoy your crochet classes! I can read patterns but can't read charts. Learning to read charts sounds very interesting. What talent you have to be able to make the Christmas tree. It sounds like it was a very time consuming project. I know the Lady you gave it to will treasure it always. I'm sure she was equally thrilled to receive the peppermint candy Afghan with the two matching pillows. Love the 2 projects you posted pictures of. They are very lovely! Can't wait to see more of your work!

We are always here to help out when we can and to listen. xoxoxo Lynda
    Last edited by Lynda Fey; 01-31-2015 at 10:47 PM.

4. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I can combine your accounts for you. Which user name would you like to log in with?

Some time ago, we did a major update on the site which may have caused issues with you logging in. You can also send me an email through the CrochetTalk help desk if needed.

6. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John,
    You do nice work. You even have shoe laces on the shoes!

8. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John, and welcome back, you do beautiful work! I think I remember you from before.... Did you post a photo a couple years ago of a beautiful afghan that you made for your wife? It was white or cream with beautiful roses either embroidered on it, or the roses were crocheted into the pattern...

Shelley

10. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to leave my log on name and password as they are now. . I appreciate the offer to combine accounts but I believe, for now, let's not combine ac outs.

12. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome back to CT!!

Your projects are just beautiful. I am not a threadie anymore, years and years ago I did a few projects in thread but now I am a yarnie!!!

Roe

14. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, John. Nice to meet you. The things you crocheted are lovely. You're quite talented. Thank you for sharing. I've been crocheting for about 40 years, but about 15 years ago I divided my time between work (sorry for the 4 letter word), ceramics and tatting. But I came back to my first love - crochet. Now I crochet scarves and caps for homeless/needy people. Only simple patterns; can't concentrate on anything complicated these days. But I have been thinking about doilies lately. Maybe I'll try my hand at one. Hey, LI Roe - I like the nicknames threadie and yarnie. I've been a trekkie for years; now I'm a trekkie and a yarnie. I love it! Hope to talk to you all soon. Happy crocheting. xoxox

16. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello John,
    Nice to meet you! Welcome back to the Forum and thanks for posting your photos. You do very nice work! I also would love to see a photo of your stained glass tablecloth. It sounds beautiful.

Where is Bullhead, AZ? Anywhere near Phoenix? We will be traveling there this week.

~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

18. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bullhead City is about a five hour drive northwest of Phoenix.