Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like

What Countries Did You visit?

I just was going through the bags and boxes in the bottom section of my wardrobe and I saw the different souvenirs from my past trips. They brought me back to all those fantastic places!

I am originally from Mauritius but my husband, whom I have known for more than nineteen years before we got married, is British. I moved to the UK a few years ago. Before that, I have lived in the Netherlands and from there visited France, Germany and a little bit of Belgium. I never got to see much of those 2 countries since my partner and I mostly visited family or transitted there. I got to see Paris though and we also once stayed at Disneyland Resort.
    When I was younger I visited Australia and also travelled to one of Mauritius' sister Islands, Reunion.

Now it's your turn, tell us more about your travel experiences!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning,

I have not really been out of the United States. As a young teenager, I took a missions trip to old Mexico. That is as far out of the states as I have gotten! Curious to hear others adventures!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't gotten to travel as much as I'd like. I live in the United States but have went to Canada on a business trip and Italy on a once in a lifetime vacation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only been a few places outside the U.S. About 15 years ago, I took my daughter to England. We also spent a day in Belgium and France but naturally didn't see much in only a day. The only other "foreign" place I've been is a couple of the islands in the Bahamas. I've noticed the average American doesn't travel outside the country as much as our friends from other countries. Maybe that's because there is so much to see and do in this country?? Maybe we're just broke! I have no idea. Wonder where everyone else has been

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was born and raised in Chicago, Ill USA. I have visited England, Denmark, Germany, Bahamas, Mexico, Cuba, Canada. Funny thing is I traveled much more as a child than in adulthood.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was born in Germany on an Air Force Base, then moved to the States when I was 2. From there, I've been to Mexico and Canada. Other than that any other travels have been within the US. I've lived in Michigan, Texas and South Carolina. I"ve visited ALL of the Southern and Eastern states that border the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean all the way up to Northern Maine. I've never been West of Texas, which is where I currently live, but plan to at some point in my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed the U.S. is so vast and so rich in terms of different cultures and people that visiting different states is just like visiting another country. I have been invited over to the U.S. a few times by friends but never went...I wish I had but at the time I was studying hard at university and did not really want to pause my research work.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I was born and brought up in Scotland, and have lived in England and Spain too. Apart from that, on holiday we have visited France, Italy, Cyprus, Portugal, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Ireland, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Japan, Malaysia and Hong Kong.

I love travelling and seeing different places, we are currently planning three weeks in Florida next summer to do the whole Disney thing with the kids. Would also love to see Australia and New Zealand.

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This past January I went on a college trip to England. I loved every second of it, except the lack of public bathrooms, haha. I have been bitten by the travel bug and plan on dragging my significant other around with me. I've been to a lot of places inside the U.S. One of my all-time favorites was Washington, D.C. and the Grand Canyon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Wow! I wish I had accepted when we were planning to visit the Grand Canyon with my ex-boyfriend!! Anyway...I do not think such an opportunity will come back. Which part of England did you visit writer_crafter?
    FairyNatB