Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever not liked a finished project!

I am so tempted to rip out all the project. I liked the working of the project but I don't like the finished feel of the project. It is just to heavy and stiff. I just can't decide if it is worth ripping the project apart to save the yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

As with any type of crafting there will be times of being displeased with the results of a project. You could start over, you could finish the item and donate it, or you can pull the thread out and use if for something else.

On the feel of the item - is it something you can gentle wash and add softner too? Not sure how this works - I don't usually was any of my projects??

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we all have projects that just don't turn out as we expected from time to time. I normally just pull it out and use the yarn for something I do like. I value my yarn and don't want it wasted on something I don't like. But it could also be donated if you are tired of looking at it as Barbi suggested.

If the yarn isn't as soft as you like you can put in into the dryer (dry) with 2 or 3 dryer sheets for a short while to soften it up. Then keep the dryer sheets to use on you laundry as the dryer shouldn't be on very long 15 minutes or so should do it.

Let us know what you decide.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I have ripped out more that on project! Sometimes I try to live with it for awhile and then decide! You may want to try washing it before you decide to rip it out! Me personally? I would rip it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're not happy with any project you're working on - there's no rule that says you must go on. I tear it out. Your time is valuable: so much crochet, so little time, and the yarn is valuable too. You should enjoy whatever you're working on. HAPPY hooking!

Mischief in Reno, Nv.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sep335 View Post
    I am so tempted to rip out all the project. I liked the working of the project but I don't like the finished feel of the project. It is just to heavy and stiff. I just can't decide if it is worth ripping the project apart to save the yarn.
    I have done this just 2 days ago because my project has been sitting on my cabinet for more than 2 months now, and it was an unfinished project. I still have the pattern, but I just didn't seem to like the outcome of what I was creating -- I think I used some dark colors, and I wasn't really pleased with the look. So what I did was to rip it off instead of just looking at it and letting it stand there collecting dust. I was able to create a short project afterwards, but using a different cotton thread and a different pattern. I may have lost the previous project, but still it got me inspired to do some stitching again

7. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 projects that I worked on that have not come out the way I thought they would, or the way they looked in the picture.A ripple vest I made with Patons silk bambo yarn and their pattern I have determined after plotting the pattern out on graph paper that it is written wrong in one key area that threw the ripple off just 2 clusters. Then I made a cardigan that has a ruffle in the front, and when the ruffle was added it stretched the front out more then 6 inches. I will be ripping these out and starting over. My goal is to learn to make something fitted, and I guess these are the bumps along the way to that. Luckily I enjoy crocheting and it is helping me with my weight loss goals 19Lb's so far.

9. Likes Carolyn Crye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've ripped out projects more than once. Sometimes what I see in my head just doesn't translate to my hook.

Post Thanks / Like
    So true, & sometimes the designers & writers don't communicate or they don't follow their own written directions. Such a waste of time when theres so much crochet & so little time. Enjoy the projects you create!

12. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have discovered that if I use the yarn that is recommended on the pattern, I am usually pleased with the result. If I don't use the recommended yarn, I usually am displeased. Most often, if I am displeased, I unravel the yarn and save it for something else, but what?? I still don't understand making granny square afghans from different leftover yarns. They do not come out the same size. But it seems like everyone does this. I questioned this once, but still don't understand the answer.
    My experience has shown me that following the pattern suggestions for a specific project yields the best result.