Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I live in a small town in Ontario, Canada.
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie crocheter

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking forward to everything that I can learn from this site. I'm just beginning to teach myself to crochet. So far, I have mastered the basic stitches, but am still having a problem in keeping the same number of stitches on each row. So, my attempt to crochet a small baby blanket ended up a bit lopsided, but it was just for my dog and she didn't seem to mind. Once I solve this problem, I'm sure I'll have many more, but having Irish blood on both sides of my family, I'm stubborn enough to keep going! Hope you experienced crocheters can help me out from time to time. Thanks in advance.

coffeymug

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. Try videos on you tube like bobwilson123 or mikey from the crochet crowd. Both have great follow along videos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi coffeymug, I like your attitude! Never, ever give up! Welcome to Crochet Talk!~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Aren't pets so forgiving! In order to keep your work even, it really helps to count your stitches. Sometimes the problem can be at the beginning of the row when you chain and turn. It's necessary to skip that first stitch or you end up increasing. Good luck with your learning. It does take persistence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! We are glad you are here as a member!

Please make yourself at home and let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pennsylvania USA. Don't give up and keep trying. Nice to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    You are a great person to try even if your first project was not perfect for you. But your dog is most likely very happy with his present from his most loved person

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you I really feel confused not sure i answered the questions right but I hope that time will give me more knowledge on how to visit with other crocheters. Since I retired from my job i have been very lonely and bored, I have worked for 50 plus years as a senior accountant 29 years with the last company. The company I worked for the policy is that when you are no longer an employer you are not allowed to talk with past employees, since i worked sometime most of the times 13 to 16 hours a day all my friends were employees. I retired Oct. 21, 2011 so it has been very lonely for me. I moved to Humble from Tomball texas with my Son and Daughter son 54 years and daughter 45 years old. I have been very lonely so I am excited to maybe have new friends even if it is on the computer. Thank you for letting be belong.

10. Thanks MaryK thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group! I live in Alabama and have been crocheting over 40 years. There are a lot of wonderful people in this group who will always come to your rescue when you have problems. There are tons of YouTube videos to help you with your crochet. Sometimes, I even use them myself when I'm learning a new stitch.

We're glad you're here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Shelley