Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Knitting Question

I am knitting a ladies sweater in the round. I am confused. When you knit stockinette stitch on straight needles, knit one row, purl one row.
    Is it any different when I am knitting in the round?

Thankyou very much, kiasoul

Post Thanks / Like
    its the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    your very welcome anytime

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFGHAN LADY View Post
    your very welcome anytime
    Hi Afghan Lady. Can you help me with a crochet question, also. I posted that question, too.

I live in Canada and the weather here is cold and more snow tomorrow. How is the weather in Iowa? Beautiful I imagine. The weather around the world has been so unpredictable maybe I am wrong about Iowa's weather.

Thankyou again for your most appreciated help.

kiasoul, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be able to knit every round if you are knitting in the round. You don't turn your work you just move your marker that shows it is the end of the round and continue to knit every row. It is so much easier than worrying about purling a row unless you like to purl. Hope I haven't confused you. junebug

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy. Am I confused!!!! I will read your rply a few times until it sinks in.

Thankyou very much, kiasoul, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    kiasoul, sorry I confused you. Let me try again. After you cast on your required number of stitches, you will place a marker and then join in the round. Then you continue to knit around to the marker. Slip the marker to your right needle and then continue to knit around again. You do this over and over for stockinette pattern. You don't have to turn your work inside out to purl the purl rows because when you knit on the right side it automatically will purl the wrong side. This will only work if you have joined the rounds at the beginning cast on. If you are using circular needles without joining the rounds then you will knit the right side and purl the wrong side but if you have joined the rounds you don't have to turn your work. Hope I makes it easier for you to understand. junebug

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou. Your instructions are very clear. I can be a dunse at times. (with pattern instructions) You cleared up my confusion.

Thankyou junebug.

Talk soon, kiasoul

Post Thanks / Like
    Kiasoul, what was your question on crocheting.