Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Surprise yarn box delivery

Hello,

I'm considering setting up a business where we would send you a themed or seasonal box of a variety of carefully chose yarn along with some suggested patterns/ideas/tips/techniques once a month, it would generally be a goody box for those who love wool.

The box would cost probably around the £15 mark and come with approx 5 balls of wool (some 100g, some 50g), my question is would anyone be interested? Criticism I have received so far is that people like to only buy specific yarn for specific projects but I personally like to acquire lots of yarn and see where my mood takes me.

Does anyone else knit like me, and would they be interested in this product (as a gift or for yourself)?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to CT. I only crochet and have sooo much yarn so not now and it be crochet? Ty and enjoy this Family group.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Welcome to CT. I crochet. Would love to learn to knit one day. I am trying. I watch videos on computer and I am learning slowly. Not to good yet. Crocheting is what I do best. But we are happy you are with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to CT also. If you are referring to pure wool as opposed to acrylics, that may deter some who are allergic to wool. While I am not allergic, most of my work is for charitable organizations so I need to use acrylics in case recipients are allergic to wool.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the concept because I truly enjoy getting surprises but I only crochet and wool would be too hot for here. Welcome to group tho glad you are with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea but like the others I only crochet. My other problem is that I really can't afford to buy yarn right now. I am on disability and it is very difficult. I try to find yarn at garage sales, or goodwill or watch for sales. I have had yarn given to me before which i really appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad you joined us but I only crochet and don't know how to knit. I have tried to learn with out any success and am not going to try again. I love to crochet, so I personally wouldn't be interested, but there may be some who would like it. Please stay with us, we welcome you to our website. There are others out there that do knit . your idea is very unique I believe and am sure some others will love the idea. XOXOXOXO, Patty/redhead

Post Thanks / Like
    Haley, I like your idea a lot, but I'm not so sure this is the best venue for you. Of those who post, we have a few young people but then we seem to drop to a 50+ crowd, which makes sense since many people in the 20's to 50's group are raising families and working outside the home, leaving little time for hobbies. Also, many people here are on small/fixed incomes. I think your concept would work best with a more affluent customer and it would be a great gift for an intermediate crocheter/knitter. Annie's has something similar to what you're thinking of, but I think it might be more of a standard kit. If it would be possible, I would also suggest that you have separate kits for crocheters and knitters - unless you're clever enough to be able to combine the two each month! Just my 2 cents worth.

9. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea however as stated above some folks are allergic to certain types of material. I joined one but it will only be small amounts and not enough to do an entire large project, but I will get to try different types of yarn that I normally wouldn't buy. Also when I shop for yarn I want to touch and feel and that can not be done if shopping on line for great deals so I have been turned off of ordering online. I am hoping that the little samples will be enough to get a feel for the yarn and how it works up, then I can always go online and order it.
    If the price is reasonable I would be interested for full kits, however not everyone will be game for it. And again I would set it up for one in crochet and one in knit, I love to crochet but I can't knit to save my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, i think it is a great idea. I knit and crochet for charities and use whatever yarns that are donated. The varieties of yarns and tectures take me to knew ideas. I really enjoy the moment when a knew project comes to mind based on a yarn i have never used before. There is a certain excitment in opening a goodie box of the unknown and have the creative juices go into over drive. I wish you much success!