Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

intro & Question!

Hello all! My name is Latosha and I am very new to crocheting! I have no local help as I don't know anyone who knows how to crochet nor anyone who is willing to learn with me! I am 25 years old. Engaged to be married (no date set). I have 2 children of my own (a 2 year old son and an 8 month old daughter) and I also have an 8 year old step daughter! I love to craft and have been seeing tons of things that I would love to crochet for my family and friends! I am a hands on learner and grasp things pretty quickly so I have taught myself through youtube how to crochet!

enough of talk about my life! lol

I am in desperate need of help I have found a bootie that I fell in love with on ashleemarie.com
    the wrap around crochet baby boot.... I have tried the pattern 3 times and I cant seem to get it right! EVERY time I try it the toe top becomes off centered from the sole.... I have no idea what I am doing wrong. the sole comes out PERFECT but when I get to Row 7 it becomes a mess!

I am hoping someone can give me some insight on why this is happening!!!!

looking forward to a reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, and Congratulations on your Engagement. Wow so young and 3 Kids. No its me Im 74 young & no way could I do that again--Now? Booties I have not done sorry. Give this Group a day some one will know or tomorrow I can give you a few names to help you OK. Get some sleep . Happy New Year Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum Latosha ! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Welcome, and Congratulations on your Engagement. Wow so young and 3 Kids. No its me Im 74 young & no way could I do that again--Now? Booties I have not done sorry. Give this Group a day some one will know or tomorrow I can give you a few names to help you OK. Get some sleep . Happy New Year Susan2014

Yes 25 with 3 beautiful, intelligent & respectful children! God has definitely blessed my family and I! I wouldn't change it fit anything! Thanks for replying Susan2014! I'm looking forward to putting this forum to good use!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you Larisa!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard! Nice to have you here as a member!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

I do not have experience with booties, but don't despair because we have many on the site who have!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Latosha,
    Welcome! Is this it? Crochet wrap around button baby boots- girls and boys | Ashlee Marie
    Are you wondering how to do a sc 2 tog and dc 2 tog?

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Latosha and welcome to the group. It is a pleasure to meet you. I have never done wrap around booties before. I have done some regular type booties. I taught myself to crochet too and love doing all kinds of crafts

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean!

Yes that's it! No I know how to dc2tog! But I eventually figured it out! Stitch markers helped me!

I was sl st through the wrong stitch eventually adding more stitches than needed!

Thank you for your reply!