Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Reading afghaan pattern.

I have pattern fron Crochet centeal called Victorian Dream Square. by Cindy Arman. I,m done with row 4 & can,t figure how to do row 5.Doesn,t make sense to me. Yor break of your thread on row 4 and it doesn,t tell you where to start row 5.No matter where I start something isn,t right. Hope someone can find it & clue me in.It,s pretty. http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com...eam-square.php hope thats right. Its printed on the bottom of the paper. Hope it helps.Hope someone can help. I,ll ck back tomorrow since it 10:45 here in Ill.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to look at it ladybug but the site tells me the page I am looking for cannot be found, so the link doesn't work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladybug,

Is this the pattern you are working on?

Crochet Pattern Central - Free Pattern - Victorian Dream Square

Post Thanks / Like
    Barnars G--- Yes thats it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladybug! I hope I can help you. At the end of row 4 you are ending i color, but starting another color. You would start it the same place you ended the other color an d continue to crochet as per pattern. It's a beautiful pattern! Hope you can figure it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane. You know the more I looked at the instructions I wondered if that was it. Usually they tell you how to do & where. It was just different. Now I need to set down & see if I can figure the rest of the next row out. I like the pattern too. Making lots of different size sqrs for a friends afghan. Knew i didn,t have nearly enough & found some at several lications I really liked, copied them & have done 4 so far.Have another with 3 strands of yarn & P hook to do the same to. Know I don,t have enough done but will finish this summer. Sqrs are easy to do in the hot weather & I have AC in my den downstairs where everything is located so will get them done in between doing baby & cemo hats. Keeps me busy & I,m having cataract surgery next mo & may so will be able to read more than I have this past yeat. Plus I have flowerbeds to work in. Not all cleaned out yet. I,ll get them eventually. Thank you all for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladybug! Glad I could help. As for the rest of the pattern, try writing it out stitch by stitch and cross off each stitch as you go! I have found this very useful on intricate patterns! I like to do afghan blocks as well. The only thing I get bored with is sewing it all together! So now I sew together as I go along! I have also found you can make 2 squares into a little purse for a little girl! Just sew or crochet them together and add a handle or strap! That way you can try out different squares and not have to make a lot of them! I love to try new things but I don't know anybody that needs another afghan from me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane!Thanks for the suggestions. I,ll have to try that. I did finish the sq but some of the directions didnt work for me. I reviewed them when they didn,t work,tore out & did again but finally I just did stiches so it would work and finished the sq. I don,t think I,ll do that one again. I will have to block it so I can sew to another but it did turn out to be a pretty sq.Maybe at a later time. Problem here is their is noone to compare things with & crochet with. My girlfriend quit yrs ago & doesn,t seem interested in starting again. My sister in law also, so I am pretty much by myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lacybug,

Don't feel bad about the pattern not working out exactly for you. Over the years I have had several that just didn't seem to work for me and I do what you did and do it the way I like it. Sometimes I think the way the patterns are written and the way I understand them just don't match up, we all have our own way of looking at things at times. As long as you are happy with it, it doesn't matter.

Happy Stitching,
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ladybug;8324]I have pattern fron Crochet centeal called Victorian Dream Square. by Cindy Arman. I,m done with row 4 & can,t figure how to do row 5.Doesn,t make sense to me. Yor break of your thread on row 4 and it doesn,t tell you where to start row 5.No matter where I start something isn,t right. Hope someone can find it & clue me in.It,s pretty. http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com...eam-square.php hope thats right. Its printed on the bottom of the paper. Hope it helps.Hope someone can help. I,ll ck back tomorrow since it 10:45 here in Ill.

Ladybug, from what I can see, you join the new yarn right where you have broken off the old one. So you are beginning where the beginning chain of row 4 is. Then you chain 4 and continue on. I hope this helps.