Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

help readling an afghan pattern called Andalusia (flower squares) You make 24

the part of the pattern I'm struggling with is:
    Note I have the flower made and the sc to start the following part of the pattern

Beg Sides: (work back and forth on 2 sides of flower)
    Row 1 (RS) ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), dc in ea sc to center sc next corner, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in center sc, dc in next 17 sc's - 19 dc's in each of 2 sides with ch3 space at corner turn.

Question: what is the 17 sc's (dash) 19 dc's on each of 2 sides

how do you start a new row of dcs without turning (17 takes you to the corner
    so my confusion is when I get to the corner how proceed without turning.....do the 2 dc's you make in the corner get the pattern to increase from 17 to 19......
    I love this afghan and will persist until I get it right. Help would be so appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda,

I am not the best at reading patterns - but I think that since you are at the corner after the 17 sc - that you chain 3 space, then you will begin your 19 dc's in other side. My apologies but reading patterns are my greatest challenge! :0(

Hopefully, someone else will chime in and correct me if I am on the wrong track!

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that you are at the corner when you do the 2 dc ch3 2 dc. The last 2 dc starts the beginning of this side, then you dc in 17 st. I think it is possible that there is an error here. If you have 2dc after the ch 2 from the corner, then dc in 17 st, and you start the corner with 2dc before you do the turning 2 sc, that is actually a total 21 st. I believe it means that you should have a total of 21 (not 19) st on each side separated by a ch 2 for the corners.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your helpful reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda I hope you get this pattern o.k I;am sure that Mama is right if you do 17sts and then put 2sts and ch3 and ch 2sts that does make 21sts. you do 17 then 2 that makes 19 but when you get too the other corner and put in two2 that makes you 21 on the all side.