Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from KatC, new member.....and I am looking for a crochet wiz

There is a pattern called "Little Sweetie Drees" by Mike from the Crochet Crowd. The pattern calls for baby soft steps yarn. I love this dress but want to make it with corchet thread. Can anyone tell me jow I would be able to convert this pattern??
    Thanks, KatC

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kat and welcome from Alabama, we're so glad you've joined us! That's a tough problem for me. If you were using a lighter yarn, I'd normally say use the same size hook that the pattern calls for. I'm not so sure that switching from yarn to thread will work for a clothing pattern.

There are wonderful people here, with all levels of experience. Hopefully, someone will come to your rescue and be able to help you out.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard! Nice to have you here as a member!

I have not personally crocheted much with thread. If you don't get an answer, be sure to post your question in the main forums too.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Hi Kat and welcome from Alabama, we're so glad you've joined us! That's a tough problem for me. If you were using a lighter yarn, I'd normally say use the same size hook that the pattern calls for. I'm not so sure that switching from yarn to thread will work for a clothing pattern.

There are wonderful people here, with all levels of experience. Hopefully, someone will come to your rescue and be able to help you out.

Shelley
    Thanks, I'll keep searching, maybe I'll come up with something close to it. Also have you seen the "sunshine Dress" I found it on images of baby dresses, but no one seems to have the pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KatC View Post
    There is a pattern called "Little Sweetie Drees" by Mike from the Crochet Crowd. The pattern calls for baby soft steps yarn. I love this dress but want to make it with corchet thread. Can anyone tell me jow I would be able to convert this pattern??
    Thanks, KatC
    Welcome to the forum. I'm in S.C. and joined the site in June. There are some very helpful, kind and supportive people in here, great friend to have!

What ply is baby soft steps? Marinella marinella, marifu6a on some sites now, makes a lot of beautiful adult clothes with thread, she amazes me. some of the foreign women can tear that thread up doing some crochet, lol, and it's so tedious for big projects.! They learn it very young and can work miracles by the time they're grown! You might check her youtube channel to see if she has any baby clothes, she might be accessible, and sheruknitting dot com does mostly flowers but does most of it with thread, so she might be someone to talk to and they might know someone. I work with some of the online crochet designers off and on and they contact me back pretty quick and are very helpful! Just some suggestions. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Georgia! Not that good so I can't help but doesn't Mikey have a website that you can ask questions on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I'm in S.C. and joined the site in June. There are some very helpful, kind and supportive people in here, great friend to have!

What ply is baby soft steps? Marinella marinella, marifu6a on some sites now, makes a lot of beautiful adult clothes with thread, she amazes me. some of the foreign women can tear that thread up doing some crochet, lol, and it's so tedious for big projects.! They learn it very young and can work miracles by the time they're grown! You might check her youtube channel to see if she has any baby clothes, she might be accessible, and sheruknitting dot com does mostly flowers but does most of it with thread, so she might be someone to talk to and they might know someone. I work with some of the online crochet designers off and on and they contact me back pretty quick and are very helpful! Just some suggestions. Good luck!
    thanks, will give it a try...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by featherfarm View Post
    Welcome from Georgia! Not that good so I can't help but doesn't Mikey have a website that you can ask questions on?
    yes he does and I tried that awhile ago and never received a response...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KatC View Post
    Thanks, I'll keep searching, maybe I'll come up with something close to it. Also have you seen the "sunshine Dress" I found it on images of baby dresses, but no one seems to have the pattern
    hello KatC...found this link for Sunshine Dress...such a cute little baby dress... http://www.ravelry.com/