Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for Prayer Shawl Patterns

Looking for Prayer Shawl Patterns-slider-darker-mainimage-jpgLooking for Prayer Shawl Patterns-slider-darker-mainimage-jpgpatterns at Skerin Knitting and Crochet
    patterns writing is comprehensive for ease and enjoyment of all skill levels, with, as needed extra photos, tips, how-tos, tutorials.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, everyone !!
    Sorry haven't posted in a long, long time. Diagnosed with a very painful & complex syndrome as a result of auto collision 3/1986, had to wait about 3 months to see a pain management dr, but thanks to a Higher Being, it's not terminal & after a lower back procedure & therapy will be able to function soon. Planing on crocheting a cream color hat with pineapples around the edge, for main bathroom, our home is 97 yrs old, a bungalow, red brick with maple floors & metal roofing. Sewing & crochet helps me to relax & be productive @ same time.
    I belong to an excellent group, thanks for exchange of ideas & encouragement.

3. Likes Grammy60 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear! I wish you good health!

Post Thanks / Like

Doing much better!

Thanks for care 7 concern, main reason I joined this great group.
    Just like family.
    Sincerely
    keenpetite aka Carmen

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carmen! You are not alone so am I

Post Thanks / Like
    As humans we need other humans with same likes to share/encourage our lives. We were not created to be alone. Book of Genesis in Bible says @ Gen 2:18 tells us: "I'ts not good for man to be by himself. I'm going to make him a helper, a complement" Human interaction interaction is highly important, w/o it serious health problems arise.
    Best wishes, truly enjoy your emails,
    Carmen

Post Thanks / Like
    I spend a lot of my crochet time making Prayer Shawls with the Jerusalem Prayer Tassels on the corners. Our church group anoint the shawls with oil then when one is need they are distributed. It's awesome when we hear the wonderful reports. It's a mixed blessing when someone passes on. While someone has become a lost loved one, the've gone on to be with he Lord.Grammy

10. Likes Lili liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It's commendable of you & friends on what you're doing. Puts people in a spiritual tone.There are times times I believe that we need more than friends to comfort us, specially when we lose a loved to death. My husband passed away 2 yrs ago & yes it was mixed blessings, he had a lot of health problems diabetic, open heart surgery but what finished him was PTSD from the war, I may sound harsh but realistically he's in a better place & I'm not watching him suffer. He was in hospice 2 nights, comatose. I was there on Wednesday to sign papers not to use life support. Friday afternoon I took power of attorney to transfer home to my name & left office @ 4:55 pm, he passed away @ midnight. A close friend told me "Wow, that's amazing, right down to the wire"
    I'm sure a Higher Being is providing what we need in a very loving/caring way.
    take good care & my best regards,
    Carmen

Post Thanks / Like
    Bless your heart. God is always with us but we do not recognize that sometimes when things happen. We see it after.
    Will keep you in prayer CrochetDee

Post Thanks / Like
    If he could your husband would say thank you for the gracefully an dignified way you let him leave.

You post is a reminder to all to have a living will, healthcare surrogate, will/trust and other end of life documents done in ADVANCE of the need for them.

I also suggest that if you or a loved one is terminal buy a pre-need burial/cremation package. I was responsible for the care of an elderly relative. When the doctor told me she had 6 months to live I made arrangments in advance. Felt like a ghoul at the time, but it was one of the smartest things I've ever done. She lived another 18 months and when her time came I just had to make one phone call. Made things a whole lot easier on everyone.

All the forms are available online and you don't need an attorney to fill them out. Just check the requirements for your state.