Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I just joined today!

Hello, I just joined today. I have been crocheting for almost 40 years. I have been married for 30 years to a wonderful man and we have to grown sons ages 24 and 26. I have 3 parrots, two cockatiels and a White-Capped Pionus. I live in South Carolina but have also lived in Virginia, Mississippi, and Texas. I also lived in Germany twice, once in Weisbaden and in Frankfurt. I graduated from the University of Maryland European Division.

I have a very international family. I have a sister-in-law from the Phillippines and a SIL from Korea. I also have a brother-in-law in Canada. I'm looking forward to meeting people here and exchanging ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group. It is such a pleasure to meet you. I just love parrots. I think they are so pretty. When i was a kid I used to have a canary and a parakeet. Now I have 2 dogs a black lab and a little beagle. I have three grown children, a daughter who is 30, a boy who is also 30 ( there are 9 months difference between the 2. The boy was a little early and the girl was 2 months early and then another son who is 28. I have 6 grandchildren ranging from 7 yrs to 2 months. I have 4 granddsons and 2 granddaughters. The granddaughters were born the same week one on monday and one on Tuesday in October. I am disabled and love to do all kinds of crafting. I have been crocheting for 2 years

3. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Babs1213.
    I live in southeastern Washington state. I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old.
    I am a grandmother of 3 and a mom of 2 grown children 41 and 43 and originally from Connecticut
    ..... hence the handle of "a yankee grandma"
    I was taught to crochet by my aunt, who essentially was my second surrogate mother.
    She was an amazing woman with a heart as big as all the oceans in the universe.
    I love her dearly and miss her immensely. So I crochet and think about her and all the people in my world that I love. Crocheting helps me manage stress and I feel so proud of the things I learn while crocheting.
    Well, guess that is about it. I just wanted to join a group that I could be friends with while crocheting.
    Everyone have a wonderful holiday season (not meaning to offend anyone) but for me..... I say "Merry Christmas" because I believe in the true meaning of Christmas.

5. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ayankeegrandma View Post
    Hi Babs1213.
    I live in southeastern Washington state. I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old.
    I am a grandmother of 3 and a mom of 2 grown children 41 and 43 and originally from Connecticut
    ..... hence the handle of "a yankee grandma"
    I was taught to crochet by my aunt, who essentially was my second surrogate mother.
    She was an amazing woman with a heart as big as all the oceans in the universe.
    I love her dearly and miss her immensely. So I crochet and think about her and all the people in my world that I love. Crocheting helps me manage stress and I feel so proud of the things I learn while crocheting.
    Well, guess that is about it. I just wanted to join a group that I could be friends with while crocheting.
    Everyone have a wonderful holiday season (not meaning to offend anyone) but for me..... I say "Merry Christmas" because I believe in the true meaning of Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you also. I am like you I believe in the true meaning of Christmas. It is a wonderful time of the year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I have 5 birds. What are yours? I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Babs1213 Welcome from Minnesota (Susan2014) A married, 1 son 41 yrs and my Step Grandson just gave us a GGS 10/27/14 a little early "BEN" he is so darling, looks like his Phillippino Mommie. Rae came to USA 9 yrs ago, adorable young lady, Daddy was murdered 2 yrs ago when she was a few months preg. with 1st child so BEN is special. You are a Traveler as well as crocheter, love to know more. Happy Holidays & God Bless You and all your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard! Nice to have you here as a member!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    kl1000,

I have 2 cockatiels, a make pied pearl and a female cinnamon pearl. I also have a White-Capped Pionus. White-Capped Pionus are very closely related to Amazon parrots but are a little smaller. I think I saw a section to post info about pets or about posting other info. I'll try to post some pics of my parrots there soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Hi Babs1213 Welcome from Minnesota (Susan2014) A married, 1 son 41 yrs and my Step Grandson just gave us a GGS 10/27/14 a little early "BEN" he is so darling, looks like his Phillippino Mommie. Rae came to USA 9 yrs ago, adorable young lady, Daddy was murdered 2 yrs ago when she was a few months preg. with 1st child so BEN is special. You are a Traveler as well as crocheter, love to know more. Happy Holidays & God Bless You and all your family.
    So sorry about your loss and congratulations on you your new family member. My brother's wife is from the Philippines but has lived in the US most of her life. I did most of my traveling while in college, way back in the days when you could literally do Europe on $10 a day. My brother and I got EurRail passes and backpacked around Europe. Traveled to Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, and Spain. It was a wonderful time. Wish I could do it again! Merry Christmas to you and your family.