Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Crochet Motifs

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Motifs

I have a question about crocheting doilies. Some of the patterns I have use crochet thread (of course) and the pattern itself has several "motifs" that are made separately and then supposed to be put together. I've never sewn pieces made with the crochet thread before, but I am guessing that this is what they mean when they say to join the motifs. Anybody familiar with this method and/or have any tips or tricks to "join" these motifs? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Put the 2 pieces right sides together and using the same crochet thread in a yarn needle sew in thru 2 stitches that are side by side,and pull thread thru then the next 2 stitches and so on. I usually knot after each side of motif. Like with crocheting you can go thru one thread or both threads of the stitch , just do it the same way for the whole project . I hope I helped.Try it both ways and check it out first , the strongest join is thru both top threads of both pieces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! That makes sense. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a special way of joining motifs connected to the thread crochet. Now I can move on to some new patterns that I had been putting off because I wasn't sure of how they meant to join the pieces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some patterns give you the instructions to join the motifs as you make them! Otherwise, Kitty gave a very good explaination on how to do it! Maybe there's a tutorial on this site? I'll have to check!