Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

In the mood for a new project.

What's up with that...I seem to crochet in phases...got hooked at Christmas...I found some yarn to work on a baby blanket...maybe some wash cloths, I found a knifty knitter pattern for them. Maybe another baby kimono. JoAnn fabrics had lots of patterns out today. I think I just like to buy new yarn...hehe...oh, yeah...found yarn and needles to make a pair of socks...but one thing...haven't learned to knit yet...I am "hooked"! Is there a meeting for this addiction?

Post Thanks / Like
    How funny! Crocheting can be addicting and I am like you - I love to look at and buy different colors of yarn even before I finish a current project!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is one of the greatest things about this blog. I have found out just how many others are out there going through the same things as I am. I am about half way through this wedding afghan that I am making and I keep finding my mind wondering off to what I will be working on next.

I do think I will start making some baby afghans. I just love the baby yarns. Let us know what you choose sep335, I love to hear what everyone else is working on. I belong to two local crochet groups and we are always doing projects.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judi, I went to JoAnn Fabrics and found lots of free pattern ideas in the yarn department. I bought yellow Bernat baby soft yarn for a baby kimono. I bought sock yarn and needles to knit socks, the yarn was on sale. I don't even know how to knit. I bought a knifty knitter pattern book for 99 cents. I do have that set of looms. So then I came home...and found mint green/blue baby yarn I already had in my stash...and started a baby blanket...haha...It is a pound of love, I think...one pound makes one blanket. Simple stitch, single, 2 double in each single crochet...crochet 28 rows and add a hood, looks cute. It might take awhile...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, found out I am not ready to knit socks!!!! It will take awhile to learn what I need to know to knit...I practiced a few stitches last night but knitting is not as forgiving as crochet...Maybe I can learn in time for Christmas presents...

Post Thanks / Like
    Knitting is definitely a whole different animal. You can create some beautiful textures and designs with knitting but I think it is much more challenging than crocheting. I would suggest mastering crocheting a bit more before you take on knitting unless you are a quick learner.

7. Likes Lili liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do know how to knit-but I'm not comfortable doing it! Love those free patterns you get in the yarn departments! Usually they are for simple projects that you don't find anywhere else! How about the patterns on the yarn wrappers? I don't think I have ever used them! I make so many different things that I can start a new project every day! And most of the thing I make are little so I can use up all my odds and ends of yarn!

Post Thanks / Like
    You tickled me, I got a Knook just before last Christmas. Told myself I will learn it after the holidays, sat down with it once and that's it so far.

There is just something so calming to me about crocheting, especially the double crochet stitch, it has a nice rhythm, I can do it without looking. Heck sometimes I think I do it in my sleep....hah. I know everything is more awkward in the beginning, but I always seem to have another project in the back of my mind to work on before I finish the one I am already on. I do want to learn the knook one day though.

Your yarn choices sound very nice. Let me know how they work up for you.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by sep335 View Post
    Ok, found out I am not ready to knit socks!!!! It will take awhile to learn what I need to know to knit...I practiced a few stitches last night but knitting is not as forgiving as crochet...Maybe I can learn in time for Christmas presents...

10. Likes Lili liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean about crocheting in phases.This group has produced some amazing suggestions and I have a list of projects I want to. I just can't crochet fast enough to get to the next one!

12. Likes Barbara G., Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you Judi, crocheting relaxes me. I love being able to create new things. I can't seem to go to Walmart without going back to see what colors they have in yarn. I think it is great when others see my work and say how much they like it. I am not good at art or painting , but my crochet is a different story.

14. Likes Judi Gums, pammypie, Lili liked this post