Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie saying hello

Hi Everyone,
    I have never crocheted so this is brand new. I bought some yarn with plans to try a simple scarf. I have found that I need to buy a different yarn because this is so difficult to work with. I will try again. Just wanted to say hello!Newbie saying hello-image-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I make only doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the Crochet Talk forums! It is nice to meet you! Please make your self comfy here and let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Alabama. I'm glad you've joined the group.

Boucle yarn can be very difficult to work with if you're a beginner. And it's hard to pull out the stitches when you've made a mistake, it catches on itself. I think the best yarn for you to learn with is a basic Red Heart acrylic and a size H, I or J hook. The yarn feels kind of stiff until you wash it. Then it comes out of the dryer much softer. It's a great yarn to practice with. And a scarf is a good first project, something simple.

I've been teaching myself how to knit and have found that making practice swatches with different stitches is better for me, instead of jumping right into a project. But that's just me.

Let us know if you run into any issues. There's always someone here ready to help.

Shelley