Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a blanket my great grandmother made.

My great grandmother made this blanket. I remember her crocheting in her rocking chair and thinking "such a grandma" lol She has been gone now for many years now, 15 years. But I can still see her sitting in her chair and doing doillies. Such memories. I had asked my aunt if she had anything that she made and sent me this blanket. I am cherishing it.
    Here is a blanket my great grandmother made.-2011-12-12_17-26-00_309-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - nice to have for additional memories! So glad you shared with us! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have anything that my grandma made but I have the best thing ever.She taught me how to crochet now everything that I make there is some of her in it. Thank you so much grandma for this love and miss you so much

Post Thanks / Like
    It's always a wonderful memory to look at something that someone you loved made. I have many items that I look at that bring back fond memories.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a great memory. Cherish it.

6. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When my mother was pregnant with my brother who is 7 years younger than my sister and I (twins) are she crocheted a full size bed spread. I lusted after that spread for many years. Finally I mentioned it to Daddy and he called mother into the room and she didn't know where it was. Several visits later Mother said I found the spread and you can have it. I immediately jumped up and put it in our car. Once I asked her why she had not made 3 spreads and it had never occurred to her. She said I guess I got busy. It is on my guest bed with a bright pink sheet under it. At the foot of the bed is an afghan my group made the squares for. It is a flower pattern the group calls Pat's Petals because I used that pattern to make scrap squares one month. We are making that pattern again now but we are using Cherry Red for the flower, Paddy Green for the "leaves" and the rest of the square is white. I want to finish mine and put it up for sale on our web page.