Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New-bee

Post Thanks / Like

Talking New-bee

Hi, I'm AnnaKaye and 83 years young. HAH HAH! Have 5 surviving children. 15 Grand kids and 8 Great Grand kids.
    I've been crocheting since shortly after I met my future Mother-in-law at age 18. My now hubby, (he passed away June 23, this year married 64 years) And I miss him so much.
    He asked me if I would like to meet his family and of course I did. After our meal. his Mom & I went into the living room and she had the most beautiful pineapple doilies on her furniture. Pineapple is still my FAVORITE design. I asked who knit them and she sweetly told me she crocheted them. I did knitting back then, but not a lot as I didn't find it a lot of fun. Anyhow we had a great discussion about her making these doilies. I think they are called antecasmires or something like that, I've no idea as to correct spelling of that word either.
    The next day found me in Woolworth's, Some of you might be old enough to remember the 5 & 10 cent stores, now DOLLAR STORE". I was going to get a book to learn how to crochet and I hunted & hunted and could not find anything. Finally saw a clerk and asked where the crocheting books were. She pointed to a table that must have had 25 to 50 crochet books, maybe even more, there were LOTS of them. So I looked until I found one, the title being "How to Teach Yourself to Knit, Crochet, & Tat and I thunk there was another thing to learn too, and it cost me 10 whole cents, no tax, Different now isn't it?
    Reason I did NOT know that those books were "CROCHETING" I thought thought they were CROTCHING (I guess I didn't read it well or correctly) and I wanted crocheting.
    I still get a kick out of that story, but at the time I was too embarrassed to tell anyone.
    Happy hooking and GOD BLESS you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Nice to meet you and have you here on site with us! You are welcome to share here in the forums! Thanks for joining us!

Nice to hear about your love of crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello AnnaKaye and welcome from Alabama! We're so glad you're here!!

Shelley