Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Newbie to Chroche tTalk

Hello
    I am new to Crochet Talk but not to crocheting.
    I started to crochet when my son was 8 months old and my daughter 2 years, they are now in their 40s.

I love to crochet, knit, needle tatting and other crafts like card making, scrap booking, tole and rock painting,
    Needle tatting.

Had my first book published in 2001, Needle Tatting from the Heart, and two paper crafts books.

Even though I love all the above crafts, my passion for Crocheting is always at the top of the list.
    I love to crochet doll clothes and love to design my own clothes for them, the smallest doll
    I have crochet a dress and hat for is a one inch doll.
    My friend says I'm nuts, but I love challenges.

Busyfingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I too love crocheting Doll Clothes, but I prefer the 12-20" dolls! LOL I can't crochet with thread, so I stay away from Barbie's. Ha Ha
    My favorite are the Indian and World Friend Doll Patterns. I have made a lot of the Indian Chief and Princess set and sold them over the years.
    You sound like your around my age. I started crocheting at age 6 and am now 65 years young and still loving it! LOL
    Have fun and enjoy the group.
    Landy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I also love to crochet outfits for the preeme and new born babies and when my daughter needs cocoons for her photography, I make them for her.
    I love the Indian designs too, I am a care provider for special needs we have 2 ladies living with us, one has been with us for 10 years and one 4 years,
    We do lots of crafting, they love scrap booking, once a month they invite two ladies each to come and craft, this we have done for a few years already and
    they love it, 3 gals have been coming all along and one started a bit later.
    I am going to 64 years Dec 14th.
    Yes we are close to being the same age

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group! We're glad you're here!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Pixieglitter

Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Welcome to the group! We're glad you're here!

Shelley
    Hello, what a cute name for yourself, I love it! I have a lot of Pixie Siggy's, they are so cute.
    Thank you for the welcome, I know I'll enjoy it here!
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Landy

Post Thanks / Like
    That is wonderful, when we managed Holiday Retirement Communities in The Carolina's, we had a couple of Special Needs Women living with us and they are so adorable and so much fun, because the never seem to grow old. LOL I also used to teach a craft class in the communities and we all loved beading or making cards etc. I love being with people and making the m happy!
    Nice talking with you, have a great day!
    Landy

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds awesome, you are right, they are loads of fun to be with and don't seem to age.
    They both love to hoop knit, they make scarfs for the homeless, between the two they have done
    almost 100 in the past two years, that's besides all the other stuff they do, they are amazing people.

Have a great Sunday

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the Crochet Talk forums! It is nice to meet you! Please make your self comfy here and let us know if you need anything!