Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Lisa and I live in Louisville, KY. I have only been crocheting for 8 months and I am now teaching a beginning crochet class for my apartment community. We are currently making hats for the babies that are in the NICU unit at Kosair Children's Hospital here in Louisville, KY. We are also making dishcloths that go into the welcome basket that is given to all new residents when they move in. Needless to say, I am absolutely loving crocheting. I welcome any advice for furthering mine and my students knoI am looking for patterns that easy to learn because my students are getting ready to learn to read patterns. wledge of crochet and soon we will start learning about Knitting and purling.

I am 49, a homemaker, and grandmother of 2 wonderful little boys and one amazing little princess! I have had a lot of fun making them hats and things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa,

Welcome to the group! We are glad you are here! It is such a great thing to be able to use crocheting to help others in need! Your friends are also more than welcome to join our group if they would like to!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the welcome Barbara I will definitely tell them about it tonight. I will also be sharing it with my oldest daughter. She is addicted to crocheting as well.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Lisa! We have all kinds of crochet "addicts" here- including me! It takes a special person to teach another to crochet! I didn't have much luck when I tried to teach my daughters to crochet! There are numerous tutorials on how to do different stitches on this site. You may find them useful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maryjane, thank you for the welcome and the advice about the tutorials. I will definitely have a look-see. I need all the help I can get