Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Hello From North Carolina

I started crocheting about 2 years after my mother passed away in 2008. I had gotten a crochet book to help me learn, since learning knitting didn't click with me. I learned single crochet in about 10 minutes. For many years, I have made afghans with yarns like Lion Brand Homespun and Red Heart Super Saver Yarn...my first afghan I ever finished was with Homespun yarn, which I bring out every winter because it's so warm. I've also made scarves for some friends of mine. I'm now making an ripple stitch afghan for a very good friend of mine who has been having a rough time lately. She had told me that she loves the color "blue", and luckily I had already had some blue yarn that I had gotten from Big Lots many years ago...my grandfather used to say "you never know when you're going to need it", and the idea of a ripple stitch afghan came into my mind. She doesn't know that I'm making it for her, and I know she'll love it because everybody that I've shown it to has told me that she's going to love it. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver yarns (White...to make the blues stand out, Dress Blues, a silvery blue yarn from Big Lots, Shaded Dusk, and Soft Navy...starting over again with the white). I might not be past an advanced beginner yet, but I love learning new things. Sometimes, I will look at a yarn and the ideas will start flashing in my mind...sometimes at a really fast rate. I've always known that I was creative...my mother and grandfather were very creative people too. I know they would be proud of how far I've come in this amount of time. I am the youngest daughter (2 older sisters and 1 older brother), so I guess the creative "spark" decided to rest on me. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the group. I look forward to learning so much more new stuff about crocheting, so I can apply it to what I've learned so far. Have a great day!

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the Crochet Talk forums! It is nice to meet you! Please make your self comfy here and let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    You sound like a born crocheter! This site will be a great place for you to get help and ideas. You will soon be more than a beginner! Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome I'm New Also!

Quote Originally Posted by SamByrd45 View Post
    I started crocheting about 2 years after my mother passed away in 2008. I had gotten a crochet book to help me learn, since learning knitting didn't click with me. I learned single crochet in about 10 minutes. For many years, I have made afghans with yarns like Lion Brand Homespun and Red Heart Super Saver Yarn...my first afghan I ever finished was with Homespun yarn, which I bring out every winter because it's so warm. I've also made scarves for some friends of mine. I'm now making an ripple stitch afghan for a very good friend of mine who has been having a rough time lately. She had told me that she loves the color "blue", and luckily I had already had some blue yarn that I had gotten from Big Lots many years ago...my grandfather used to say "you never know when you're going to need it", and the idea of a ripple stitch afghan came into my mind. She doesn't know that I'm making it for her, and I know she'll love it because everybody that I've shown it to has told me that she's going to love it. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver yarns (White...to make the blues stand out, Dress Blues, a silvery blue yarn from Big Lots, Shaded Dusk, and Soft Navy...starting over again with the white). I might not be past an advanced beginner yet, but I love learning new things. Sometimes, I will look at a yarn and the ideas will start flashing in my mind...sometimes at a really fast rate. I've always known that I was creative...my mother and grandfather were very creative people too. I know they would be proud of how far I've come in this amount of time. I am the youngest daughter (2 older sisters and 1 older brother), so I guess the creative "spark" decided to rest on me. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the group. I look forward to learning so much more new stuff about crocheting, so I can apply it to what I've learned so far. Have a great day!

Hello, I am Landy, New also. I lived in Highpoint and in Durham, NC for a total of 5 years or was it 6. LOL I forget now, it was a few years ago. Where do you live in NC? I am now in North Dakota living for another 1 or 2 years and then go back home to retire in Tawas City, MI .
    We loved going to the Outer Banks and to Ashville on a regular basis. It is so beautiful there we might spend our winters around there someplace. LOL
    Well it's nice to meet you enjoy visiting with everyone and keep crocheting!
    Landy Miner

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Alabama, we're so glad you're here. I'm certain that your friend will love her new ripple afghan. What a lovely thing to do for her. Enjoy your time with us and feel free to post anytime. This forum is filled with lots of warm and kind people with all levels of experience. There's always someone here to help.

Shelley

8. Likes cjszine liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ripple stitch afghans are fun. I have made two of them. My son wants an afghan and I am trying to decide which pattern to use, what ripple stitch pattern are you using?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my all time favorite ripple pattern. It's easy to follow and you can make it any size you want. I've made many blankets using this pattern, in all kinds of color combinations.

Attic24: Neat Ripple Pattern

Shelley

11. Thanks cjszine thanked for this post