Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Tips and Tricks

Post Thanks / Like

Tips and Tricks

Hi,
    I know we all have our little tips and tricks we use. I though it would be nice to have one place to put them where they are easier to find.

I am working on a very large afghan at this time. One way I have found to keep the first few rows from fuzzing up after rubbing on itself while I am working up the rest of the afghan is once I get enough rows completed, I roll up the afghan from the bottom. As I make additional rows I just continue adding to the roll as I go. This puts far less stress on the beginning rows and keeps them fresher then leaving it dangle and needing to be re-positioned during work. Had to learn this the hard way. I am working on it on my kitchen table now since it has gotten so far along. Which also helps once it gets warmer, gets it off my lap and keep me cooler in the summer.

I would love to hear others tips and tricks.
    Judi G

2. Likes Beviboo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I read recently of a lady who placed her printed patterns in a plastic protector. If she has to step away from her work - she would use a dry erase marker to mark where she left off on her pattern instructions. I think this is a great idea, especially if the pattern has different instructions or is longer to follow!

4. Likes kajunmoon, Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good tip Barb, I have the plastic protectors and keep my patterns in them already. I have been just marking using a post it, which is fine, but it does get pulled off from time to time when I am in between working on the project.

Thanks,
    Judi G