Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Starting out again after years of carpal tunnel in both arms and surgery.

So here goes... I thought that I would begin with a simple item like a scarf. It has to be thin and not very heavy. Bulky yarn is out and so is worsted. I am thinking of using a #3 yarn. Does anyone have an idea they can share with me. I thought after my last bout with this problem that I would quit. I gave away all of my books to the local library and gave all of my huge stash to charity. I should know better to tell myself to give up because I am anxious to begin again. I have looked up exercises to prevent the pain that I hope does not return. I would like to know your ideas on what other projects I could try. Thank you .

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried looking for a simple pattern on allfreecrochet? They have some nice patterns. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the Crochet Talk forums! It is nice to meet you! Please make your self comfy here and let us know if you need anything!

I had carpal tunnel surgery in both hands maybe about eight years ago. It took a little time for me, but I am able to return to crocheting now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rodysue

I, too, have carpal tunnel in each hand as well as osteoarthritis in my right wrist from an accident almost 30 years ago. I just recently had a cortisone shot in my wrist to see if I could avoid surgery the surgery to fuse the bones in the back of my hand. Still waiting for some improvement.

Anyway, I find that crochet helps me tremendously. It's the only thing I can do with not a lot of pain. Here's a link to a crochet zen scarf that is absolutely beautiful.

Ravelry: Zen and the Art of Stash Diving Scarf pattern by Robyn Chachula

Have a great day and enjoy crocheting!!
    Jo Ann

5. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I wear a pair of them craft gloves. I had carpal tunnel surgery a couple of years ago. Just start out slow and don't rush into it