Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, nice to "meet" you.

Hello everyone. My name is Roberta and I am from Madison Heights, Michigan. I am married, have 3 sons and 2 grandchildren. I am 45 years old and began crocheting when I was 12. I stopped in my teens but began again 6 years ago when I our grandson was on the way. I found it difficult to make time for it as my 2 youngest were in High School/Middle school and very involved in sports and i also worked full time. Last February I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer and had surgery to have my Thyroid removed in May. Due to many complications I was unable to receive treatment until October, and still have a ways to go. My youngest is now a Senior, and I am now unable to work, so, needless to say, I found myself with LOTS of time on my hands. I have a new love and excitement for the craft. I have learned so many new stitches and can now easily read patterns. 2 of my nieces recently had babies and I had so much fun making booties and hats and blankets. My favorite being a pair of cowboy booties and matching cowboy hat. Anyway, I am thrilled to be here. I spend much time at home, and hope to make friends and get lots of great ideas here. Thank you for including me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Roberta,

Welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to meet you - sorry to hear about your thyroid. Be strong and be determined to be a survivor. In the meantime, enjoy every moment you have with family and friends! I would love to see the cowboy booties and matching hat if you have pictures! They sound really neat!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will post pictures. Just need to figure out how. My niece's husband wears cowboy boots all the time and she wanted a pair so bad for the baby, so I thought it would be cute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Roberta! Sorry to hear about your health problems! You will find people on this site are very supportive and will encourage you every step of the way! Don't be afraid to share with us anything you like! And they say, crocheting can be very healing-maybe they don't say those exact words, but they should!

5. Likes iluvthepack04 liked this post