Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Just joined but have been hooked for years!

Hi everyone, my name is Annmarie and I literally stumbled onto this site!! All I can say right now is WOW!! I have been crocheting ever since my aunt taught me when I was 11. She taught me how to make one item...a potholder made out of number 10 crochet cotton thread. A simple chain stitch and double crochet (didn't find out for a few years that the pattern was called a filet pattern). Anyway, it got boring and I moved on to learning the rest from pattern books!

I can't believe after all the years of answering the question of what my hobby was and getting the reply: "Crocheting? What's that?" that there is finally a place I can come to and feel at home!! Thanks for inviting me here!

2. Likes Barbara G., AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Annmarie! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa! It's nice to meet you too! I love that doily you have as your Avatar. For the first 10 years of crocheting doilies were the only type of patterns I would try. Now it's harder for me to handle the smaller hook and thread. Seeing your picture makes me want to try though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again! I love to make filet doilies these days. I use #30 thread. Fine thread make nice items. I like to make other types of doilies too but not now. Do you have a cat? I have 5 birds = Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello AnnMarie. It is a pleasure to meet you. I am disabled and have been crocheting for 2 years and I love it. I taught myself to crochet. My mom always crocheted. She tried to teach me when I was younger but I just never caught on. I do other types of crafts as well. This is a wonderful group of ladies who are willing to help in any way they can. Hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard!

It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the warm greeting!

Thank you all for the welcome to's. I just had one of those days at work that you seriously have to keep reminding your self that you really do love your job! It was so nice to be able to just about instantly unwind by logging on!

I think for today I will name my favorite hook "Calgon" and just say...."Calgon Take me AWAY!!"

Thank you all again!

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi AnnMarie,
    welcome to crochet talk.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually do have a cat! And a small dog. Crocheting doilies was where I learned a lot of the stitches I use today in afghans. I still love the beautiful lacy look they bring to a room, but now a days I have a hard time with the smaller hooks and thin cotton thread. I do miss making them though.

Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello again! I love to make filet doilies these days. I use #30 thread. Fine thread make nice items. I like to make other types of doilies too but not now. Do you have a cat? I have 5 birds = Larisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! What s color of your cat?
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן