Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What to do with Scrap Yarn - Thread Two

Hello members,

Please enjoy and continue discussing ideas on what to do with scrap yarn in this thread - since the original thread was closed due to length.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make flowers for a afghan. here is a free patteren for one.Patty' Filet and Crocheting Site

Post Thanks / Like
    I saved scraps of yarn at least 18"-20" long and longer. These scraps would usually be thrown away. However I just kept saving them and also some larger scraps and just knotted them together into a "magic ball" and made a rectangular afghan. When I thought it was large enough I found a started hank of soft white and crocheted a scalloped edge all around. It really came out nice and I had donated it.

4. Likes RosaDawn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome idea take a picture and sumit it next time :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the picture of the "scrap-ghan" I had made:
    Attached Images Attached Images What to do with Scrap Yarn - Thread Two-scrapghan-jpg 
    Last edited by mamarose22; 03-22-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep them to do all the things listed above and the little ones to find the yarn in that color again if the store no longer has te yarn color that I need....
    Marie Keitofski

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my scrap yearn to combine to make hats for charity. I little stripe of different colors make the hats cheerful.

9. Likes RosaDawn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use scraps to make a bell angel for christmas and small bunnies for easter. These items are than donated to our local hospital for the chaplain to hand out at each holiday to patients

Post Thanks / Like
    Tiger,

Great idea, Makes the patients day!! Always great to give a a smile to someone!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mamarose - you scrap-ghan is beautiful. I'm sure whoever received it was most appreciative. I am almost done with my second "ugly blanket." This one is for my son. He requested scraps of blue and yellow so it's not too bad. Because I started with darker varieties and worked toward lighter shades, it just looks like half of it got sun bleached or something! lol

13. Likes Barbara G., RosaDawn, Irishjl liked this post