Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Scooters

Post Thanks / Like

Scooters

Let me introduce myself......I am a twin, 7 minutes apart from my sister Christine. We are not identical but, we look identical. We are so close that we had our homes built 7 homes apart. We had all of the same friends growing up and we both went to the same college in California at Chico State University. I got my teaching credential to teach from grades K-12 and my sister got her degree in teaching preschoolers. Christine never ended up teaching as, she started to work for a firm that bought, designed & built homes and never used her credential as she fell in love with the owner of the firm & eventually got married & then she worked with him.

I, on the other hand, had to decided to get my doctorate, all the while, I was teaching Kindergarten. This was my REAL passion! I really loved that age group and taught it for 18 years, (3 years in Ripon, CA, which was a 40 minute commute every day and then in Lincoln Unified in Stockton, CA where I grew up & taught at Village Oaks which sadly, has been closed down now do to lack of children in the Village Oaks neighborhood. I was only able to teach there for 19 years & sadly had to retire on disability when, on my way to school, a car hit me and my neck was fractured in 3 places. The man that was driving the car was an illegal from Mexico without a drivers license I tried to work with the 3 fractures but, I just couldn't take it anymore and I had to leave. When I had my surgery, they took bone out of my hip to put into my 3 fractures in my neck & that left me with my new disability. I was devastated!!! I had to have 3 surgeries & thus, the disability. Go figure! But, I've got the Lord God and that's all I really need besides my husband and my family & friends. If I don't respond to your requests at times, it might be because I have SUPER bad MIGRAINES from the car accident! I'm happy to be making new friends who are helping me to become a better crocheter! God Bless all of you!!!

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I crochet doileis. I wish you good health also
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Back kl1000, Thanks for getting in touch with me. I think that doilies are one of the most beautiful items that one can crochet. I've never worked with the thin crochet hooks before and I'm not sure that I would be able to do the intricate work that is required on such a beautiful and exquisite piece. I have never read directions before. When I was about 10 years old, I was shown a few different stitches and the rest I made up. I sure would like to give it a go at some point if I knew someone that could show me in person. God Bless You

Post Thanks / Like
    I only think that thin crochet therad make nice items...
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a definite!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the community! It is nice to meet you and we hope you truly enjoy your stay!!

Happy crocheting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group. It is a pleasure to meet you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know what it is like as I am in constant pain with diabetic neuropathy, parkinson's and Fibro. I taught myself to crochet 2 years ago and it really relaxes me. If it were not for God I don't know how I would get through each day. I am so glad that God led me to this site. I have met some wonderful people on here. I hope to get to know you better. I do all kinds of crochet items. I have made barbie clothes, 18 inch doll clothes, scarves, afghans, stuffed animals, booties, and bibs. Just have not tried actual clothes yet but am going to start this winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta
    Gosh, It seems like you could crochet just about anything that you set your mind to. I can't afford all of that yarn so I have to keep what I crochet very limited but, hopefully beautiful. Right now, I just need to make a baby afghan for my niece who is having a baby in November and I will be at the birthing along with my twin sister, Christine. We are super excited because my other two nieces had babies several months ago and and we weren't invited. We were so disappointed One niece, however, was in Hawaii, so I understood that and the other one lives in San Diego with her marine husband (he's getting out in the next 6 months or so due to injury....but not total disability) and will be working on car engines and computers in Sacramento, CA, just 35 minutes from where I live in Woodbridge, CA.
    We had a fantastic friend that had Parkinson's disease but is no longer living. I'm not sure what she passed away from. She had so many different problems and I was unable to go to the funeral. I had known her since I was 3 years old. Is Parkinson's very painful. I have Fibromyalgia and it makes me feel like I have a most terrible flu all of the time ( I ache everywhere) Well, now that I have gone on and on, I should stop wasting your time. God Bless You and I will pray for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooters View Post
    Hi Sonnetta
    Gosh, It seems like you could crochet just about anything that you set your mind to. I can't afford all of that yarn so I have to keep what I crochet very limited but, hopefully beautiful. Right now, I just need to make a baby afghan for my niece who is having a baby in November and I will be at the birthing along with my twin sister, Christine. We are super excited because my other two nieces had babies several months ago and and we weren't invited. We were so disappointed One niece, however, was in Hawaii, so I understood that and the other one lives in San Diego with her marine husband (he's getting out in the next 6 months or so due to injury....but not total disability) and will be working on car engines and computers in Sacramento, CA, just 35 minutes from where I live in Woodbridge, CA.
    We had a fantastic friend that had Parkinson's disease but is no longer living. I'm not sure what she passed away from. She had so many different problems and I was unable to go to the funeral. I had known her since I was 3 years old. Is Parkinson's very painful. I have Fibromyalgia and it makes me feel like I have a most terrible flu all of the time ( I ache everywhere) Well, now that I have gone on and on, I should stop wasting your time. God Bless You and I will pray for
    you!
    Hi scooters, What a coincedence. I have two granddaughters due to be born soon also. One is due in October and one in November. As for Parkinson's alone I am not sure just how painful it is but I have so many other things on top of it but the doctor said that it is part of the pain. It makes me shake alot. The only time my hands get relief from shaking is when I am painting or doing my crafts. My handwriting has even changed. It causes your voice to change also it makes it softer. I know my family has to ask me a couple times what I have said. It has progressed into the left side now. It was only in the right. I don't have much yarn either so I know what you mean. I made a stuffed dog and hippo for my oldest grandson and a stuffed Teddy bear for my other baby grandson. The big stuff I made when I did have the yarn. God blessed me with some yarn recently so I am making scarves for the homeless and I think I have enough to finish and afghan and a tree skirt that I started last year. The rest of my stuff is all small stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Scooters: Welcome to CT. I joined a couple years ago after breaking my hip and crocheting has really been a blessing. I now make blankets for Project Linus, a boys home and a couple other charities. I know you will enjoy visiting on this site. Shirley