Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading crochet symbol diagrams...you can do it, too!

Reading crochet  symbol diagrams...you can do it, too!-img_20140820_125723-jpgSome of you may have noticed that I haven't been around Crochet Talk much lately. Well, I've been busy working on a very cool project! Do you recognize the logo in this picture? Yes, that's me standing in front of it! I was filmed for a Craftsy class. They are putting the final touches on it as we speak! It will launch on October 22, 2014.

In the class, I teach the enrolled learners how to read crochet diagrams...and for those of you who are really, really nervous to learn, I really help you discover in small chewable steps and bites how to read diagrams. It was SO much fun to record this class and any of you who want to discover an unknown ability you have inside you will really benefit from a class like this one.

If you have never taken a Craftsy class, it's very different than youtube videos because you can ask questions, see your classmates' questions and read the answers the teacher writes to your specific question...or if a classmate has asked the same question, you can benefit by reading the teacher's feedback to them. You pay once (and there are often great sales) and you can rewatch the class for the rest of your life. You can stop and rewind easily, and there are handouts...and in my class, we make that lovely cowl you can see on the dressform behind me, so you not only learn symbol diagrams, but you get to make a fun project as well.

As soon as I know what my promotion code will be, I'll be sure to share it here...there will be a huge discount for first time joiners!

As I look at people's posts in the forums, it's becoming apparent that more and more people want to make patterns for which there are only diagrams and no text...if you take this class you'll be able to crochet from Japanese and Russian, French and Italian, Spanish and Portuguese patterns without knowing one big of those languages. Wouldn't that be fun?

If you want to read about my experience making these videos, I blogged about it a few weeks ago.

2. Thanks Barbara G., Scooters, missro007 thanked for this post
    Likes Poinciana, Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I teach a crochet class at my local library. Hopefully I can pick up a few tips from you. I have crocheted for years but just in the last couple of years started using charts and symbols. I love it as I am really a visual learner.

4. Likes Charles Voth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    "Scooters" just wanted you to know that I found my afghan pattern & just finished making it After all these years of not crocheting, it was just like riding a bike....once you know how....."It's just like riding a bike"! I don't know how to post pictures but, if I did, I would post it on this website so that you could see it. It's simple but cute and, I love the colors that I found in a different afghan

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles, Thank you - I will be watching for your message.

7. Thanks Charles Voth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Will also be watching for your message. There are so many wonderful, beautiful patterns out there with charts.

9. Likes Charles Voth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not using a pattern "per say". I am "making it up as I go". I'm have not been happy at the beginning of the afghan so, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I will figure it out. The colors are really beautiful and I am happy about that. I was AMAZED at how quickly I picked up the easy "stitches" I had known before but, I have lost the harder ones and believe me, they weren't that hard One of these days down the road, I would really like to make exquisite afghans, not really difficult but, maybe medium skilled afghans. I'm so thankful that everyone and especially you, who has an extremely filled life, are so willing to go many extra miles for so many people. I can never thank you enough!!! God Bless You & Yours

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Charles,

We've missed you here on Crochet Talk, but now understand the reason you were gone. Congratulations for being the one Craftsy chose to make the video!!! I will be watching for your promotion code and will definitely take the class. I can read some symbols, but want to learn more of them.
    Thanks so much!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 10-17-2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: clarification
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

12. Thanks Scooters thanked for this post
    Likes Charles Voth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I want you to know Charles, that my twin sister is going to download my "easy but cute" afghan for my grandniece. She knows everything about computers so, she's my "go to girl" when I need something done, she's the one I go to for help. She could actually teach computer classes Thank you for ideas and your motivation! God Bless, Scotters

14. Likes Charles Voth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's launching this week!!!!

I don't know if you can see the attachment, but my class will go live on Wednesday! I'll let you know the promo code then!
    Attached Images Attached Images Reading crochet  symbol diagrams...you can do it, too!-titlecard-jpg 

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Voth View Post
    I don't know if you can see the attachment, but my class will go live on Wednesday! I'll let you know the promo code then!
    Hi Charles,

You say it will be live? Do you know what time it will be on and the website we need?
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!