Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Smile HELLO !!! New to Site & crocheting & knitting

Hello everyone! I hope I am doing this correctly since I have not been a site that is a regular computer. I always used a medical computer which programs are very different. I am new to crocheting & knitting but wanted some new patterns and this site was recommend by the yarn store employee. So If anyone can recommend any easy patterns . I really like crocheting, knitting is hard for me! I have 5 Grandsons ages ranges from 21 days old to 6 1/2 years.. I love them all so much and would like to make them all stuff . I have been making dishcloths since I started,. So I would like to see what else is out there.

Thank You So Much,

Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Kathy and welcome to our group.

You came to the right place. If you can crochet dishcloths, you can crochet many other things for your grand kids. Like: scarf's, blankets even some hats. Those items they will be just in a different and size.

I mention hats to you, because you remind me of me when I started crocheting. I did not had any one to show me anything, no computer, no YouTubes either, right now it is very easy to learn almost everything you desire.
    I was not crocheting dishcloths, I did not knew, that people would crochet a "little square" and try to wash dishes with that.. I started from a swatch, crocheting and ripping back & fourt. Than I crochet a scarf. I needed to crochet hats for my little granddaughters. But, I could not crochet in rounds, I could not read any patterns either So, I figure it out that I can still make hats by crocheting piece a rectangle shape and sewing those shorter edges together and gathering one side (top) and sew the pom-pom on that. After that I did made many sets of same design. They were looking diferant because of the yarn I used in one set I added a beads. I know you have a grandsons, so we need to skip the beads! LOL

I will attach here 2 pictures. So, you will get an idea what I was talking about.
    Krys
    PS: My daughter and my grand kids loved them.

HELLO !!!  New to Site & crocheting & knitting-hats-gd-jpg HELLO !!!  New to Site & crocheting & knitting-jelly-bean-hats-pom-pom-ties-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you. I have been crocheting for 2 years. I have made stuffed animals for my grandsons, coasters, hats, afghans, doll clothes, scarves, and holiday decorations. My oldest grandson named his stuffed animals. I made him a hippo and a stuffed dog. He just loved them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Kathy! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome on board with us here at CrochetTalk! Nice to meet you and look forward to hearing about some of your crocheting adventures!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!!

I am looking forward to having fun with new stitches and new friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Kathy13 I love crocheting and knitting I am not too keen on either. There is lots of new things since I started 30 years ago. I am making dish cloths out of Peaches & Cream yarn. There is lots of books on it and they are so pretty. Well I just want to say hello and welcome take care