Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: HI everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

HI everyone!

My name is Mary, but on this site (& some others) my user name is yayamama.
    Yaya is grandma in Greek (my hubby was born there) so to our grand kids we're yaya & papou. Why did I add the "mama"?
    Long story short, we are legal guardians for 3 of our 4 grandkids! We never thought we'd be parenting lively youngsters again, especially at our ages (58-me, 64-him). The children are 10, 8, & 4. Whew! Makes me weary just thinking of it...lol
    Well, I guess the good Lord wasn't finished with us yet.
    I work full time & so does hubs. No retirement for us just yet
    And I crochet part-time. But I'm teaching one of my grands our art...& she's doing very well so far.
    Happy hooking everyone. Going to sleep now- work tomorrow. Thanks for adding me to the group.
    --Mary aka yayamama

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Larisa doily maker!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary and welcome to our group.
    My goodness, you must have your hands full with your grandkids.
    For me is more than enough when I see my two granddaughters once a while on weekend! LOL
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome on board with us here at CrochetTalk! Nice to meet you and look forward to hearing about some of your crocheting adventures!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, welcome to the group. It is a pleasure to meet you. I am disabled and I found crocheting is so relaxing. You must really have your hands full. I have 4 grandson's with two granddaughters on the way. I usually have one at least once or twice a month and he can be a handful. The youngest is a year old so he is just starting. I don't get to see my other 2 very often. Grandchildren are so precious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary and welcome to CT. You sure do have your hands full but I am sure the kids are so blessed with you and your husband taking care of them. Thank goodness you are able to have them. We have two grandchildren 6 and 8 here in our area and two in MN who are 7 and 6. This weekend we are babysitting granddogs while the kids are camping! I am retired and crochet blankets for Project Linus. Last year our group made and donated 2500 quilts and afghans. If you need any help, just ask. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Mary. I just joined last week. What a blessing to have the children in your life, even though unexpected. My children and grands and one great grand live far from us so no kids here and it is boring. I'm 67 and hubby is 78. So far we are in good shape. I think kids close by would keep us younger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary and welcome from Pa. Nice to haveyou with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary/yayamama. I like that name Welcome to Crochet Talk.
    Wow! I only wish I could be as busy as you! That is great!! I'm disabled now, but find crocheting helps with my pain. It's wonderful you have such lovely lively youngers in your lives. God Bless You