Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Leftovers

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Leftovers

Hi - just new on here, but noticed the old threads on what do with leftover yarn. I make little pet blankets. Since I have cats, I make them about 2-3 ft in size, or whatever size your pet needs. My cats don't particularly want to be covered up with a blanket, but all cat owners know that they like to snooze on their favorite chair or couch, or have that special spot on the bed, so I put these down everywhere that gets alot of cat use to keep the furniture less furry. It's much easier to change out the cat-ghans with a clean one and toss the furry cat-ghans in the laundry every week. Sometimes, I make them all one color and other times I'll use one color for the main body and put a coordinating trim color around the edges - it all depends on how much and what colors of leftover yarns I have. You can use any stitch you like, but I have been partial to a popcorn or variation thereof for most. Last fall, I made up about 20 of this little pet blankets using leftover yarns (they are quick little projects to whip up) and then gave some to friends who are pet owners as well.

2. Likes Carynjoyb, jane228555 liked this post

I live in Ohio..near Cleveland on the shore of Lake Erie.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Terry.... I'm new today too! Just wanted to say that's a great idea. I have a cat that might like one... Think I'll give it a try. Good luck on this site!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Terry! Good idea to use up odd yarn! My cat would lay on it for a few days and then kick it off wherever it was on! Her favorite thing to lay on is my jeans! Anyway-I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry,

Welcome to the group! Thanks for sharing your ideas on leftover yarn! Hope you enjoy the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like your idea Terry A. I have some left-over yarn as well! I will try this after I am done with my present project. I bet this would be wonderful for dogs as well!