Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hi all you crochet lovers

It is so nice to find a forum like this where we can discuss crochet matters, get free patterns and share other events. A while back I joined a flower exchange, where you crocheted a flower square and sent it the next crafter on the list. It was great fun you really never knew what surprise you would receive in the mail. Looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Missy,

Nice to meet you - welcome to the forums!

I think your idea of crocheting flowers and sending them to the next person on the list is an awesome idea! That would be a wonderful project to start and take part in! Great idea and nice to meet you!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Misty and welcome here!

wow, I also find that idea great...it puts some surprise in your everyday life and it also gets you thinking about the next square to crochet! I am relatively new in my neighborhood so something of the kind; an activity that links people, would be a good way of making new acquaintances, and maybe new friends.
    I love coming on this forum with people who share one hobby in common.
    OK see you soon, and see everyone else too soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone

I agree this is a great place to get new crochet ideas and meet new friends. Its amazing how much we all have in common. With winter approaching I will be crocheting and knitting up a storm. I have already started knitting a cowl. They are really wonderful, just pull them over your head and your off.
    Talk soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Misty!
    It's nice to meet you. What a wonderful idea for an exchange. With the holidays coming up, I already have my hands full of projects but I think something like this after the holidays would be great fun to help break up the winter monotony. Has anyone else participated in anything like this? The closest I've come is being part of a coupon train. That was fun but this sounds better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Misty!

Its nice to meet you! The exchange is definitely interesting. It sounds like the story of the "traveling pants" movie. I haven't participated in this kind of thing. Though with me all the way from the other side of the planet can be challenging. But its a good idea. Maybe I will participate, but probably only after the holidays! I've got such a busy schedule and just finishing one project takes some time for me though.