Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

possible yarn trade?

Hi everyone, many of you know me now, I just joined in July and post a good bit. I've been crocheting for less than a year but I've caught on quick and rather well, and got 'hooked' big time! Crochet is my therapy for chronic illness. I posted this in the buy/sell/trade category, but it seem that people haven't posted or read much there recently, so I'm putting this here too if that's ok.

I wonder if any of you would consider trading my 'baby yarns' for some yarns I can use, if you make a lot of baby items perhaps? I'd love to get some various chunky yarn, cotton, any blends, worsted weights. Any colors will do to trade, I just don't need the baby yarn and hope someone else does!

I have 3 new with labels on 6 oz skeins of the Red Heart Saver Baby Sport Pompadour 3 ply, 90% acrylic, 10% rayon with a shiny strand of whitish-silver wrapped around each strand to give it a little sparkly effect...

and I also have 2 new 5 oz. skeins with labels on of Red Heart Super Saver Baby Print, 4 ply.

Both types are multicolored white, pink, yellow, & blue, but the Baby Print 4 ply also has green in it too and no shininess to it, just regular 4 ply medium worsted weight in the baby colors.

So all together I have 34 ozs of new baby yarn to trade.

Let me know what you think about the yarn trade, we can private message on here about it... thx! susan
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-17-2014 at 10:23 PM. Reason: found more baby yarn!!!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,

I'll look at my stash and see what I may have for you. I'll let you know soon.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like

yarn trade

Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hi Susan,

I'll look at my stash and see what I may have for you. I'll let you know soon.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    Thank Jo, that will be great, just let me know when you get a chance! susan

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE: on the yarn I'd like to trade: I DO have all full skeins of all I listed. I found a full 5 oz size of the kind that one had been opened and a little had been used from it. I'll just keep that opened so the total yarn trade per oz is 24 oz of one type yarn plus 10 oz of the other = 34 oz total yarn, if you want to trade ox per oz. THX everyone, have a great weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey just private message me your address & I will just send you some as I have been finding lots at my Goodwill store very cheap. The least I can do is help someone who likes to crochet. I know I have grey 4 ply burg, maybe some variegated. Will have to look. Will try to send only full skeins with labels if possible.I mite even have some chunky. It's currently in my rummage sale to be held on 26 & 27 this month.No need to send me any. I currently have 4 very lg bins stuffed & 5 med. bins & 2 drawers of a rolling 3 drawer bin full of baby yarn.Currently making hats for nursery at hosp. Have about 80 so far. To hot to work on afghans but have 2 bgs sorted out for 2 ctoc afghans.( Corner to corner)To work on this fall after it cools off some. Most likely will do lapghans for a nursing home. One in shades of blue & grey & the other is all colors .Let me know. Love helping when I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you are going through Susan. I have been looking ever since January for yarn. I would love to trade with you but I am in the same position. I can't make the large stuff like scarves, afghans and things like that. I was hoping to find some at garage sales so I could make some scarves for the homeless shelter this winter and maybe some lapghans for the nursing home but so far only found 5 partially used skeins or orange yarn. Not much in each one. It is hard for me to buy yarn too that is new because of the prices. I can't even make anything with white in it right now because I don't have any. I pray you will find some so you can keep on doing your beautiful work.

Post Thanks / Like
    You do sound in the same fix as me, I'm sorry to hear it. Bad health makes for less $$ all the time. I felt to offer a trade would be good, but some people have a lot of extra yarn and/or are kind, giving people and will help out when they see a desperate crochet lover. You can at least ask, it hurts no one, and you never know what people can work out or will do for you. I always gave to anyone or did anything I could when I worked, hoping that if I ever needed anything my kindness would be repaid. God is good, and so are His children!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    You do sound in the same fix as me, I'm sorry to hear it. Bad health makes for less $$ all the time. I felt to offer a trade would be good, but some people have a lot of extra yarn and/or are kind, giving people and will help out when they see a desperate crochet lover. You can at least ask, it hurts no one, and you never know what people can work out or will do for you. I always gave to anyone or did anything I could when I worked, hoping that if I ever needed anything my kindness would be repaid. God is good, and so are His children!
    I agree with you Susan and I think it is a great idea that you are doing. I would never have thought of it. I know God will give you what you need. There are a lot of wonderful people on here. I do have a little bit. Is there any special colors that you need? I don't have much but I will look and see what I can do for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    No sonnetta, I can't take any yarn from you right now, but one day the shoe might be on the other foot and you'll need some and I'll have it, who knows?! It's more than kind for you to offer, and please don't be offended. I know you need what yarn you have for now, so keep it, use it and enjoy it. And thank you anyway, it's the thought that always matters and your heart is obviously in the right place! You're so right, there are some very kind & loving women in this group and I'm honored to know them, including you. I always say that God puts the right people in our lives at just the right time, His timing!

Post Thanks / Like
    SusanSoul: I am in the process of getting rid of a lot of stuff, I just lost my husband and am going to move to Ga.
    PM me your address and will send you some. I don't need anymore yarn so will just send it to you, but may take a week or so before I can get it sent. I will sent some at different times. I don't know if you will like my taste in yarn though..