Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Talking New Introduction

My name is Bonni.e. I am retired from the state of NC. I love to crochet. My mom taught me when I was about 10 years old. I am looking forward to meeting new friends and learning new stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cecchini View Post
    My name is Bonni.e. I am retired from the state of NC. I love to crochet. My mom taught me when I was about 10 years old. I am looking forward to meeting new friends and learning new stitches.
    Hello Cecchini (Bonni.e.) I am charlye My mother crocheted so fast (I am not kidding) we could not see her hook so all of us (5) had to teach ourselves. That is what all of us did. Some of us taught the grand kid as my mom could not slow down. But the kids loved to watch her fingers and hook go. They would set around her like TV and watch her. They loved it.
    So when we were expecting our first child I bought teach yourself books and taught myself knitting and crocheting. Many, many years later (and many years ago) I found myself teaching at the Ben Franklin 5 and 10 stores. (You see how long ago that was if you even remember Ben Franklin stores). I still do some teaching but on my own.
    You wrote (I am retired from the state of NC.) did you work for the state or did you move somewhere from -therefore retiring from SC?

charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello it is a great pleasure to meet you. I am disabled. I live in Ohio near all my kids and grandkids. I taught myself to crochet by using a beginner book and a cd. I just love it. It is so relaxing. I also do many other types of crafts also and still wanting to learn more. Everyone is so wonderful here and willing to help whenever they can. I have met so many wonderful and caring friends. Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard!

It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!