Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Sorry y'all. I forgot to introduce myself when I joined.

My name is Jan Achey. I am a 67 year old great grandmother of 2 little girls, married to a wonderful man, and living near Houston, Texas.
    I started crocheting since the mid-seventies, but dropped it for years.
    I retired in 2010 to help care for my mom who is a paralyzed stroke victim.
    Lots of bad things happened in the past few months. I will pass it on if anyone is interested. I have been undergoing radiation therapy for breast cancer the past few weeks, so if I don't reply right away, please understand.
    I am so glad I found this site. Since I went many years not crocheting, I am more like a beginner than one who knows what she is doing like I should.
    I am anxious to 'meet' all the ladies on this site in time.
    Thank you for being there for me.
    Jan

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to our wonderful group. It is great to meet you. We are here to answer any questions you may have. You will find that this is a very wonderful and loving group. I look forward to getting to know you and hopeful chat sometimes. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Love & Hugs
    Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard!

It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

5. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JanAchey View Post
    My name is Jan Achey. I am a 67 year old great grandmother of 2 little girls, married to a wonderful man, and living near Houston, Texas.
    I started crocheting since the mid-seventies, but dropped it for years.
    I retired in 2010 to help care for my mom who is a paralyzed stroke victim.
    Lots of bad things happened in the past few months. I will pass it on if anyone is interested. I have been undergoing radiation therapy for breast cancer the past few weeks, so if I don't reply right away, please understand.
    I am so glad I found this site. Since I went many years not crocheting, I am more like a beginner than one who knows what she is doing like I should.
    I am anxious to 'meet' all the ladies on this site in time.
    Thank you for being there for me.
    Jan
    Hello Jan welcome to our little corner of the world of crochet and knit. We are so glad to have you join us. I am charlye, I am 68. I have a daughter who has been through what you are going through. She is 48 now and she is the one that got me crocheting cancer hats. Her hair has grown back so she suggested that I keep making them. So I have. I have to go to the cancer center once a month so I deliver them then. I you should need one or would like a pattern I would love to share. I have been making them for about 4-5 years now. When you start crochet up again you will be surprised how fast you will start coming back to you. I am finding that out with knitting. I have to work on my tension though with it.
    I would be more the glad to lend an ear for the troubles if you would like, private message me if you would like. Just click on my name and under my avatar you will see where you can private message. click on that and start typing. I also took care of my mother for a while so it sounds like we have a lot in common. Except I don't have any great grand kids yet. I have 2 grand daug. one is 30 and 27, neither are married or are ready to have kids. Which is OK with me. I am enjoying being a grandma, they are at the age the can drive me around shopping and they come and spend time with Grandpa and I. They like to play cards, so we do that a lot. The oldest is in college to be a pharmacist. She is working in a drug store now.
    Waiting to hear from you charlye

7. Likes Susan2014, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    n, I am so happy to meet you and sound like your well loved by Family thats great. We all care and as a CY Family Bless you foryour endeavors ahead. Charle told of her courageous daughter and My Mom for years had Breast Cancer & I and Hubby were there every step & Im so glad I did. We were not real close just if she needed help and God was asking me to Give of my self and glad of it. We all are here for you. PM Charlye I believe she can be of great comfort. Im always here for a PM also. What do you want to crochet sweet Friend ?? Chat with Post or groups any time Hugs Susan2014

9. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jan and welcome from Pa. Glad you joined this site. So sorry to hear about your mother and your health. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I am very glad to meet you also

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hello

Hello, sorrry about your problems. Nice to meet you. I am also new on here. So we can all learn new things together. Have a wonderful day and will keep you in my prayers. God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much for your kind words. It really makes me feel good that total strangers care about me and I hope we are not strangers for long. Doctor told me yesterday I will need chemo when I finish radiation. Knocked me back because I was so sure I would not need it. Oh well, I guess I put on my big girl boots and carry on.
    Right now I am working on a Trail of Tears afghan and I am not sure how to do the fringe on it, but I guess I can figure it out.
    Charlye, I would love to have the pattern for the cancer hats. I have an idea I will need one soon for myself. Thank you so much for offering it. I tried knitting many years ago and failed miserably, so I will stick to crochet, embroidery, and needlepoint. I can make the hats and take them to the hospital when I go in for my treatments. It will give me something to do in between that my family won't fuss at me about. If I try to do more than just sit around, I hear about it.
    I think I will put some coffee on now, kick back, and pretend I am happy about it.
    Love to all of you,
    Jan