Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: new member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ya'll I am a new member and I am from Snyder, Oklahoma which is a very small town we do not even have a red light anymore just STOP SIGNS...My mother taught me some crochet but I mostly learned from a "How To Crochet" book when I was 20 years old and have been crocheting now for a long time 44 yrs now. I love vintage crochet patterns mostly doilies, chair sets, afghans, table toppers and I love pineapple and pinwheel patterns.

2. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard!

It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

4. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to our group. It is great to meet you. If you have any questions just let us know and we will do all we can to answer them for you. Enjoy looking around and meeting the most wonderful and loving people.

Love & Hugs
    Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CrochetFreak View Post
    Hi Ya'll I am a new member and I am from Snyder, Oklahoma which is a very small town we do not even have a red light anymore just STOP SIGNS...My mother taught me some crochet but I mostly learned from a "How To Crochet" book when I was 20 years old and have been crocheting now for a long time 44 yrs now. I love vintage crochet patterns mostly doilies, chair sets, afghans, table toppers and I love pineapple and pinwheel patterns.
    Hello CrochetFreak
    I think most of us here are crochetfreaks or we probably would be here. LOL love your ID. OH but I have heard of Snyder OK, we used to live in MO not far from the OK border. There were time we would go for rides just to site see. There wasn't much to see in MO either. I to love the pineapple and pinwheel. I have a pattern for a pineapple square, it is about a 12 inch sq. I have made 6 of them and made them into a afghan. Gave it to my bro-inlaw when he got married, got it back when he died. I have been crocheting a long time too. It has been about 52 yr. I was PG with our son he is 51.
    About the only thing I make with thread is a cloche hat. IT calls for #3 and I couldn't find any here so I used #10 it worked out OK. I did it for my niece's cousin. I am working on another now but it is only about 1/4 th done. Mostly I work on filet afghans for babys, baby sweaters etc., cancer hats, granny squares for our swap on here. In the fall I make mitten, hats or scarf needy. So just jump right in and join us
    charlye

7. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa and glad you joined this site

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site. It is a pleasure to meet you.