Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

I love crochet and have for some time. I'm a self taught crocheter ( if that's a word), from the 70's. Some years ago I fell in love with string crochet and the intricate work that can be done with it, laces and various motifs. I am particularly intrigued with the the detailed work that the Japanese, Romanians, Russians, Irish and other European countries have developed. I personally believe crochet as an art form has finally come into it's own and being self-taught I have a lot of gaps in my knowledge. I want to learn and grow in the art form.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard!

It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversNorth View Post
    I love crochet and have for some time. I'm a self taught crocheter ( if that's a word), from the 70's. Some years ago I fell in love with string crochet and the intricate work that can be done with it, laces and various motifs. I am particularly intrigued with the the detailed work that the Japanese, Romanians, Russians, Irish and other European countries have developed. I personally believe crochet as an art form has finally come into it's own and being self-taught I have a lot of gaps in my knowledge. I want to learn and grow in the art form.
    Hi RiversNorth. Welcome! Glad to have you join the forum. It's a wonderful place to be, for both friendship and education. I agree with you about Crochet being an art form. I spend many nights just searching the net and enjoying everyone's art by way of crochet. Gives me inspiration!
    Take Good Care, Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group. I am Sonnetta and I am from Ohio. I am disabled and have plenty of time on my hands so I taught myself to crochet a little over a year ago. I also do other crafts Crafting is such great Therapy. Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. I have met some very special friends. Hope to talk to you again