Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Savannah

I'm new to Crochet Talk but I've been a crocheter a long time except it's been on and off. I'm self taught and lately have learned new stitches by creating bunches of chemo caps and prayer shawls. I've also created lots of sweaters the same way for my son's Boston Terrier, Daxter (my grand-doggie) until he said Dax had enough sweaters. I have loved colors since I was a child and that's what influences what I create. Unfortunately I buy a skein or two of yarn because I love the color and when I decide to make an item I either can't find it again or not enough. I'm in awe of everyone's creativity and sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome on board! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you on site with us!

Please make yourself at home here and come join us when you can! This is a great group of crochet and knit enthusiasts! Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful doilies, and thank you for the welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for the welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to our group of friends. I live in Huntsville, Alabama and I've also been crocheting a long time. I mostly didn't have much time to crochet when I was raising my 2 boys, now 21 and 23. I picked it back up about 3 years ago and since then I've turned into a crocheting machine lol.

Welcome again,
    Shelley

7. Thanks charlye thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello tizcrochet and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with ua

Post Thanks / Like
    tizcrochet So glad you joined us we have a lot of fun and still get crochet done. I make hats for chemo patients. Some fancy and others not so fancy. I just delivered 8, I think, (I forget to count them of take pictures before I drop them off.) I have to go out there every month and I try to take 5-10 with me but I am shooting for 20 next month as the have been very low on them lately. I know people are very busy in the summer but I am trying to set me some goal on some things that are important to me. My daughter had cancer and got me started making hats for her. She now has here hair back but impressed how importand it was for her to be able to go out and not worry about people looking at here baldness, more so because she was a Beauticians. So that was how I got started in doing hats some my patterns some others so there is a varity there
    charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley, charlye here! I now understand "crochet machine" My hubby was in ER for 7.5 hr. I ended making 10 granny squares while I sat waiting. Probably would have made more but run out of some of my yarn. It turn out he had 2 kidney stones. He gors for surgery blast Tuesday. So I have to make sure I have enough to do then, as I will go nuts waiting without something to do to keep my ands busy. Thanks for listening to my rattling. I do it so well haaa haaa charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye! I feel so baaddd for your hubby. I've had kidney stones for over 30 years. Had to have surgery twice for them. No fun!! They say a kidney stone hurts worse than having a baby. Well since I've had both I can say that yes, definitely, kidney stones rank up there. Only at the end all you end up with is this little tiny rock instead of a baby. :/ I feel for your hubby, I hope it all goes well for him.

Shelley