Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Oldie as a Newbie

Just started crocheting again after many years of not. Made a few baby hats and flowers to start. Still getting the hang of some of the nuances and pattern abbreviations. I want to make a cotton yarn hat for a friend that will be going through chemo in a month or so. Her hair is already very thin naturally, so I'm sure she will be wearing lots of hats. Since the warmer weather is coming, I want to make a cotton hat. I bought (discounted at Tuesday Morning) a skein of beautiful blue Araucania yarn that has natural nubbies in it. I'm looking for a pattern that would work well with it. It's 100% pima cotton, 122.5 yds, weight: 100gr., gauge: 12 sts. = 4", needle size: 6mm. Any pattern ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello TABH,

Welcome to the group first of all. I do know we have a group of members who work on hats specifically for chemo patients. I am curious to see what they think - I personally have not done them yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I think I found a nice pattern on the Bernat website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome TABH! I'm glad you decided to join us! As Barbi mentioned there are several people here who make hats for chemo patients and other charities! Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to crocheting more projects as I get back into the swing of it.