Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, From Fries, VA. USA

HI,I'm Patti HOdge.age 42 stage 4 breast cancer Patient. with a love for crocheting.I send hats to current chemo patients and am a volunteer for operation grattitude/hats and scarves for our US Troops for christmas.I'm married,mother to 2 grown sons,have 3 grandchildren with #4 on the way.I'm a proud Army Mom.oldest son is a soldier for 6 years now.Love my family and my friends,enjoy making new friends.can also find mre on facebook.com/hats for cancer patients/us troops.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patti. Welcome among us members of the forum. you are a very young granma! I have a little girl of a year and a half and love being a mum! I am sure you will enjoy the time spent here on crochettalk.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patti!
    Good to have another Patti on board. We were just talking about making chemo caps over on the charity thread. You could give us a few pointers, I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patti! Glad to have you here. You are quite a young grandmom at your age you know. And what I'm truly impressed about is that you crochet not only as a hobby but for a good cause as well. Welcome to the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Patti,

Welcome to the group! I think it is great to be involved in the projects you have!

I have not heard of the scarves for our US troops. Do you send these in care packages, or is there a special group accepting donations?

I look forward to reading more! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for such a warm welcome

Yes,i am a young g-ma and proud to be. the hats I do for chemo patients.if you see my page on facebook, hats for cancr patients/us troops. i posted the free redheart yarn pattern over there and i recently got a free pattern for the susan komen version of the chemo hat as a free pattern at a Michael's store. using the redheart headhugger free pattern, i do in white and give it my own twist of a breastcancer ribbon crocheted attached to it. the hats and scarves i do for the us troops are as a volunteer thru operation grattitude.for those check their website on do's and don'ts.we have just bought our first home so i have been very busy,getting things ready b4 my hubby gets home on sat. ready to move.lol. he is a trucker as well.can't wait either,its the perfect place for he and i and all my animals and craftings.hope everyone is having a wonderful day